A really tiny glimpse at the new design

Tools    

I'm sensing a film reel.
I'd say that's a pretty good guess.

How long we gotta wait for this?
Hard to say. I've had to churn through a handful of graphics designers, and there are still some crucial elements in the works.

I'd hoped to make a big push to get something out before the end of the year. At this point I'm pretty determined to get it up sooner rather than later, even if that means it being only 80% as good as I'd wanted. I can always tweak and polish it up while it's live, if the basic elements are there already. And that way I can utilize some feedback, too.

Is this a new design for the whole site? Or just some updated logo's and what not.

It's also going to mean some new features, but because of the layout delays I'll probably implement those after/while the design is up over a series of months.

The whole thing. New logo, new layout, and alternate versions of the site specifically designed for phones and iPads.
Great idea. Making it easy for the smartphone users should help traffic overall.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
The whole thing. New logo, new layout, and alternate versions of the site specifically designed for phones and iPads.
Finally! A mobile version!

Technically you should be seeing a mobile version already. If you visit on your phone and it doesn't look different, check the top right corner above the banner ad for a link to switch. It's kind of plain and really slapped together, but it'll be better than the full site for now.

That said, yeah, the new mobile version is gonna be wayyyyyy slicker. Really pleasant to use.

Oh, don't worry. It'll be roughly that size on the mobile version (and actually smaller on the iPad version, most likely), but if anything the desktop version's logo might be too big.

What'll it take to make it bigger?
You know how, Sexy. Just give it the usual treatment.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

You know how, Sexy. Just give it the usual treatment.
That'll make it even smaller.

you should just give us a piece of the new design every day, and we have to put them together, and only when the puzzle has been completed will you put up the new design.

you should just give us a piece of the new design every day, and we have to put them together, and only when the puzzle has been completed will you put up the new design.
Nobody listen to the person with the spiky haired Marcia Wallace avatar.

Just checked out mobile style. Much nicer then the previous version. Good job Yoda!
Oh, that's just something I threw together months ago, just so we'd have something semi-usable. The new one's going to be sooooo much better. Of the three new layouts being designed (desktop, tablet, smartphones), I think the smartphone one is the coolest.

Speaking of which...