PimpDaShizzle V2.0's 100 Favorite Movies

→ in
Tools    

One hundred of my favorite movies, in alphabetical order, respectively.

The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Some great ones there some I must put on my to see list

Well that was the sexyist and shortest thing I have ever seen (thats what she said)

Nice work Pimp'

Welcome to the human race...
I like it. Great choices, and yet another reminder of how much I need to finish Ran.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The ones I like the most are: Butch and Sundance, Dances With Wolves, Doc Strangelove, Godfather, GoodFellas, Cuckoo's Nest, Josey Wales, Rear Window, Private Ryan, Seven Samurai, Roger Rabbit.

The ones I question the most are Belly, Blair Witch, Childs Play 3, Encino Man, Envy, Flight of the Navigator, Mystic River, Woman Under Influence, any of the Samurai trilogy.

The ones I'm most surprised by (pleasantly) are Days of Heaven, Master and Commander, Lost Boys, Point Break, Ronin, In Cold Blood, The Fly (1986).

I am half agony, half hope.
Pauly Shore? I think you'll have to explain that one...unless it's your guilty pleasure.

This is a very good list, Pimp.

Johann von Goethe

The ones I question the most are Belly, Blair Witch, Childs Play 3, Encino Man, Envy, Flight of the Navigator, Mystic River, Woman Under Influence, any of the Samurai trilogy.
You don't question Ernest!?!

I think these lists are more interesting when we list films that we know aren't any good. It is a list of favorites. We've all admitted to liking some pretty dreadful films. Hell, I could make a list of 100 favorite movies that are all stinkers.

Ernest?

Welcome to the human race...
Pauly Shore? I think you'll have to explain that one...unless it's your guilty pleasure.
I think at least a quarter of that list is made of "guilty pleasures"...

Well that was the sexiest and shortest thing I have ever seen
You've said the same thing about me, before.

Pimp, do you have any John Carpenter favorites? Halloween, The Thing, Escape from New York? What about Stephen King? Just wondering!

I'll look this up. I'm curious if it's a killer creature flick.

An orphan bear cub hooks up with an adult male as they try to dodge human hunters.

OK, nope, it isn't, but it still sounds good.

The ones I'm most surprised by (pleasantly) are Days of Heaven, Master and Commander, Lost Boys, Point Break, Ronin, In Cold Blood, The Fly (1986).
I think Belly has one of the best examples of where color, tone, and shadow help to support individual characters. Childs Play 3 is one of those horror movies I watched over and over as a kid, so it's got a certain kind of special. Encino Man had me saying, "No more weez' in the juice," for up-to-now. Envy has some of my favorite cinematography (mainly its lighting). Flight of the Navigator made me want to shoot fireworks off my roof, fall into a ditch, fly a space ship, find a robot friend, and find a little alien friend. I shot fireworks off my roof with my dad and fell into a ditch, so far. I gave a fist pump into the air when I was done watching Mystic River, thinking to myself, "Hell yeah. That's an effin' movie." I originally saw A Woman Under The Influence in class. It's one of those movies that interested me in different types of films. Plus, it hit close to home. The Samurai movies make up my favorite trilogy, but if I were to break them up, I'd rather not watch the second one and maybe that doesn't make sense, but it is what it is.

Point Break... there isn't much to say, or defend, but I like it. In Cold Blood is fan'freakin'tastic and for me it defines a type of movie that I wish I could see more of. Who doesn't like Lost Boys? The Fly is another one of those films where I finished watching it and thought, "You can make movies like that?" Plus, it's kind of gross in a good way.

This is a very good list, Pimp.
You can call Encino Man anything you want, but I might fight you.
It most definitely is.
You've said the same thing about me, before.

Pimp, do you have any John Carpenter favorites? Halloween, The Thing, Escape from New York? What about Stephen King? Just wondering!

I'll look this up. I'm curious if it's a killer creature flick.

No Carpenter, as far as I know. The Shining is in there.

The Bear isn't a killer creature movie. It's about a Bear that grows up and its told from the bears perspective. The bear eats "magic" mushrooms. Check it out.

Well that was the sexyist and shortest thing I have ever seen (thats what she said)

Nice work Pimp'
I had to keep it short. My list is constantly changing. I could already switch out 5 movies, easily. It might be interesting to do another one a few years down the road to see how they match up, or don't match up.

^ So that explains the lack of numerical order...
My eye balls would have literally bulged, popped, and splattered against my monitor if I tried putting those numerical order.

I am half agony, half hope.
I can't be critical because there would be several on mine, also, but not one of them would have Pauly Shore.

A system of cells interlinked
Looks like Pimp has no qualms about putting all his favorites in his list. A less upstanding person, like say, myself, might change out a couple of the more, um, questionable titles for fear of ridicule... cruel japes hurled at me by an angry mob of MoFos waving pitchforks.

Brass balls, my friends....brass balls...

Durn it!

Cool list...

No Carpenter, as far as I know.
You should try out The Thing, if you haven't seen it. It is great.

The Shining is in there.
OK. I wasn't even paying attention to that one. As far as Stephen King, I seem to only picture what he writes for the big screen. Not every last novel, and short story, that's made into a movie. He doesn't care for The Shining, from what I've heard.

The Bear isn't a killer creature movie. It's about a Bear that grows up and its told from the bears perspective. The bear eats "magic" mushrooms. Check it out.
OK. The Edge is a killer creature film, and a damn good one.

The Fly, The Others, Rear Window . . . I love some of these on your list. I'm going to type all the titles out, to see what I've missed. I've seen Repulsion named on the board, before. It must be a good horror movie? I might check it out this October. I'm just guessing here, but I will read up on it first.

Hellraiser! Picture it, about 8 months pregnant, in front of a big screen TV, with all the speakers, and sub-woofer on. I'd never seen it before, and here I am balancing a plate, thank god it was empty, on my tummy. Out of nowhere, a phone freakin' rings. My one relative jumps, and kicks the coffee table. THAT scared me half to death, and when I jumped, the plate went across the room. I was like, "It was a phone. You scared the hell out of me."

p.s. Those movies are nasty, and I will never watch them again. I stopped at Part 1.

I'll be back.