E-Books and Online Libraries

Tools    

Anyone know of any good sites to get FREE audio books or access to Online libraries? I figure I might as well get smart while I'm out literally running in circles.

Help?
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

After a little online excavation I found this site, if anyone's interested.

http://www.librivox.org/

It's a whole lot of books in the public domain read by volunteers.

This could be my attempt at sticking it to the man who controls my radio's airwaves. TAKE THAT!

Colour out of Time
Just to bump it from being lost on 2nd page I'll ask this question.

Does anyone here at MoFo use these audio books ... seems like a good idea for those with CD players in the car or around their necks when ... EEK ... jogging.

I used to do similar things with cassettes ... showing my age here ... Radio Dramas were favourites ... especially Orson Welle's The War of the Worlds.

For those too young ... it was broadcast in the States on Halloween 1938 (war with Germany was looming) and told the story as newscasts which interupted the regular programming ... freaked heaps of people out as they thought it was really happening ... people fled the cities, shot water towers (because they looked like tripods) and some even suicided ... it was because of this that broadcast rules dramatically changed around the world making it mandatory to inform audiences when they were listening to a work of fiction.

Here is Wiki link ... if you have not had the pleasure find a copy and listen ... or even better ask the elder generation of your various clans if they can remember.

There are links in the Wiki article for the mp3