The MoFo Top 100 of the Eighties

→ in
Tools    

I have a library five minutes from my house that I can't check out books from because the counties here are weird and I'm not in the same one as it.
Odd. I was able to get a library card at a library IN A DIFFERENT STATE, far, far away from where I lived, but that's because it was all part of the metro area.

I'd love to (expect Fanny and Alexander), but I don't know where I can find those films. They are not at my video store nor on Netflix so I don't know where I can find it
I know you can find Possession and Ms. 45 on YouTube. Maybe some of the others too, but I'm at school right now so I can't confirm that. I'm sure you can download them somewhere on the interwebs though.

Recently watched The Breakfast Club,it only proves that the best things are the simplest ones.I think it's the most accurate teenage portrayal I've seen. Strongly recommended if you missed it.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
The 80s is strangely my least watched decade. I'll be turning in my list last minute. Right now, I can honestly say that I haven't even seen 25 great films from the 80s, but I expect that to change here soon. I've already seen a few great ones since this thread was made.

I'll be turning in my list last minute.
I expect that's what most people will do. Thanks to the nine who have sent in lists so far, the rest of you still have just under 3 1/2 months so you can take your sweet time.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I'll be doing the same. Already have a basic fav list of moives I've enjoyed from that decade but since there were a number of films from the nineties that i would have liked, I'm gonna wait and check in now and again to see suggestions of ones i may have missed.

I kept seeing all these things about that new movie Instructions Not Included, and it made me remember this little gem from my childhood:

*Batteries Not Included

I hope some of you will consider it for your lists.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Batteries Not Included is most definitely one I am considering. I'm going to rewatch it before my final decision, but I love that movie so the probability is high that it will make it.

Last time I watched *Batteries Not Included was probably 1988 when it was on HBO or something. Loved it then. Have no feelings for it now.

I just watched Lost in America, and everyone needs to watch it. Albert Brooks is so great and hilarious, and this movie is so likable. It will definitely be making my list, and maybe in the top 10.

I watched and did commentary for Casualties of War and it was a bore.

Don't listen to Sexy, people.

He's the most impatient person ever and seems to hate heavy, emotional drama. Also he watched Casualties of War on a screen so tiny that he had trouble telling the difference between the actors.

Give the movie a shot and make up your own mind about it.

A system of cells interlinked
Compiling my list to send over, ASAP. Fair warning: This is a list of my favorite films, and NOT what I think are the best technical achievements or the most well-made films of the era. In other words, I might have a couple flicks on the list that might be crap - I just happen to like that particular film for a more personal or just downright fun reason.