Breaking Bad

Tools    

The Adventure Starts Here!
WARNING: "Minor Finale Stuff" spoilers below
I held it together for this episode pretty well ... until Walt was stroking Holly's hair. And then when Flynn went into the apartment building and closed the door... and you could see that Walt knew he had just seen his family for the last time.

Totally lost it at those moments.

Good finale. Looking forward to hearing Gilligan talk about it. Real bummer one of the great shows is gone.

Hey, here's the one question about the ending sticking out in my head right now:

WARNING: "Finale spoiler question" spoilers below
So what does Jesse do from here? He doesn't have any money. He doesn't know where the money is (I assume). He has nothing. And, I assume he's still badly wanted by the police.

He doesn't even have money to get himself disappeared. Not that he even knows who to call about that. And Saul's now managing a Cinnabon in Nebraska. So, how is this a happy ending for Jesse, much beyond the next few hours for him?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
WARNING: "Breaking Bad" spoilers below
I'm assuming he becomes a carpenter. Otherwise, what was the point of that sequence?

I enjoyed the finale, it tied things up nicely. Went where I wanted it to go and ended on a note that was bitter sweet. I loved the scene between Walt and Skylar, the framing of them was perfect with the wooden pillar dividing them. He finally admits that he was doing it for himself and he enjoyed it.

Good call on the ricin Aus.

Nice to see Jesse get his revenge on Meth Damon, that was a brutal death.

Loved Walt's final moments, just taking in the beauty of the meth lab.

Good finale, the total opposite of Dexter. Ha.

Suspect's Reviews

Ha! The finale of Dexter. What a MESS.

One more logistical plot question:

WARNING: "Finale plot point question" spoilers below
In the opening scene, when Walt gets into the Volvo and waits it out as the cop car lights flash all around him for what felt like an eternity... HOW did they not check that car to see if someone was in it? Aren't we to assume he was at least NEAR the bar somewhere?

It's freaking snowy outside. Wouldn't they see the footprints leading right up to the car? Or are we to extrapolate on our own that either they were never sure it was a good tip anyway and gave up? Or that the snow was already tamped down and no new footprints would have been visible?

WARNING: "Jesse finale questions" spoilers below
I guess my question about Jesse isn't really what *career options* would he pursue? But honestly, he's going to have to fly under the radar, like, forever. He has no immunity through Hank or anything, so he's a huge fugitive. And he now has exactly no one to help him do that. Except maybe Badger and Skinny Pete... (and how great was THAT scene? I laughed out loud!)

How does he actually manage that life? This is the guy who just tried to break out of his hostage situation and ran right past security cameras because he never thinks past the end of his nose. How is he not going to end up in prison within a week?

Oh, and I loved the twists with Elliott and Gretchen. So much better than anything I would have come up with!

I think the cops got to the bar, then went inside first to search around. They probably assumed he would be in there ready to give in, since he called them. It did feel like a long sequence, but maybe it really wasn't? I have no idea.

Hopefully by now, everyone who wanted to see the finale has, because I don't want to put spoiler captions.

That was a really satisfying end. It tied up everything I can think of right now nicely, and Walt died happy.

I agree with Austruck, what Gilligan did with the Gretchen dispute was genius. Only Walt could have thought this up. I didn't like them much anyways, so I'm glad he punished them.

My favourite scene (tough decision) would probably be when he's talking to Skylar, and she expects him to say "I did it for the family" like he has the entire show, but he says he actually did it for him, which for me was his final acceptance that he wasn't the good hearted, loving father and husband he led himself to believe he was.

Sad to see such an incredible show go, but at least they did in their own terms, just like Walt himself. I expect they'll release a complete box set soon enough, and I'll be eagerly waiting for that.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

Just finished it, and it was completely awesome. I thought Jesse woulda said "Bitch!" one more time though. It was an excellent story, and the last time I was so satisfied with a series was Sopranos.

Cool vid on the intro, but in full...

Too lazy to go through the whole thread but props to whoever put forth the prediction on the way Lydia would go. Good call.
I think Yoda was the first to hint that it was for Lydia, and OMEGLE might have been the first to outright say it.

If I'm wrong, please don't put some ricin in my coke!

Interestingly, Lydia suffered the worst death out of anyone in this episode (if my memory is correct).

"If someone swallows a significant amount of ricin, he or she would develop vomiting and diarrhea that may become bloody. Severe dehydration may be the result, followed by low blood pressure. Other signs or symptoms may include hallucinations, seizures, and blood in the urine. Within several days, the person's liver, spleen, and kidneys might stop working, and the person could die."

The Bib-iest of Nickels
WARNING: "Jesse finale questions" spoilers below
I guess my question about Jesse isn't really what *career options* would he pursue? But honestly, he's going to have to fly under the radar, like, forever. He has no immunity through Hank or anything, so he's a huge fugitive. And he now has exactly no one to help him do that. Except maybe Badger and Skinny Pete... (and how great was THAT scene? I laughed out loud!)

How does he actually manage that life? This is the guy who just tried to break out of his hostage situation and ran right past security cameras because he never thinks past the end of his nose. How is he not going to end up in prison within a week?
I thought the same thing after watching it, but I suppose that is all for interpretation entirely. I choose to look at it as, after everything that Jesse has been through, he is finally free, and whether he turns himself into the police or goes into hiding, nothing will be worse than having been basically tortured for all of this time.

As for the end, it may not have been the mind-blowing conclusion that I was crossing my fingers for, but it WAS a brilliant way of closing, perhaps, the greatest show of all-time.

A system of cells interlinked
Our group of Breakers all seemed satisfied at the conclusion of the show. There were a couple of moist eyes in the room, so the show clearly delivered as far as the emotional component was concerned.

I do feel like the Nazis went from being magically bullet repellent to magic bullet attractors at the end there, but I guess the show's creators wants to execute the idea cleanly, with just Uncle Jack surviving long enough to deliver a couple more lines.

Otherwise, great stuff, man! I shall miss the show!

I think Yoda was the first to hint that it was for Lydia, and OMEGLE might have been the first to outright say it.

If I'm wrong, please don't put some ricin in my coke!

Interestingly, Lydia suffered the worst death out of anyone in this episode (if my memory is correct).

"If someone swallows a significant amount of ricin, he or she would develop vomiting and diarrhea that may become bloody. Severe dehydration may be the result, followed by low blood pressure. Other signs or symptoms may include hallucinations, seizures, and blood in the urine. Within several days, the person's liver, spleen, and kidneys might stop working, and the person could die."
Well, I outright predicted it with certainty in post #1002. But I think someone else may have tossed it out there as a possibility before that.

Tongo, that video is fan made. I think I showed it on here a few pages back.
Oh sorry. Fan made? Pretty solid job.

Our group of Breakers all seemed satisfied at the conclusion of the show. There were a couple of moist eyes in the room, so the show clearly delivered as far as the emotional component was concerned.

I do feel like the Nazis went from being magically bullet repellent to magic bullet attractors at the end there, but I guess the show's creators wants to execute the idea cleanly, with just Uncle Jack surviving long enough to deliver a couple more lines.

Otherwise, great stuff, man! I shall miss the show!
Agree, that did bother me a bit. All were insta-kills except for the couple important ones. I forgave it before with Gomey dying and Hank surviving in the shootout, but again? Plus, it would've looked totally badass if the were all lying around hurtin, and Walt had to pick up a gun and finish a bunch of them off, of course ending with Uncle Jack. Which was a perfect moment, Uncle Jack's kill. "You won't ever find out where your money is." Bang. Perfect. Walt killed Heisenberg with that shot.

About Jesse, I can imagine Walt explaining the situation to Badger and Skinny Pete. I'm thinking they're expecting him, and he'll be safe.

I wasn't a fan of the song they played at the end, it was waaay to in your face about the "moral" of the show. But at least throw a brother a bone! This is a great show, and that was a great way of wrapping it up. It wasn't hard to know what'd happen, but they kept us guessing for 5 seasons, and mind****ed us to death. It was beautiful.

Walt's hair is different in the scene where he picks up the ricin, small nitpick. Also Skyler has snot dripping down her nose in a closeup, and then it's gone. It's nothing really but it caught my eye.

I loved Bryan Cranston in this last episode. He's so defeated.

Also, the Jesse/Walt thing went as I expected. The thing couldn't be fixed, but it was behind them. Walt obviously cared about Jesse, always, even when he treated him like an idiot and a burden. But Jesse... Jesse was so let down by him. Wonder what he'll think when he remembers Walt years in the future.

Well, I outright predicted it with certainty in post #1002. But I think someone else may have tossed it out there as a possibility before that.
My bad Austruck. It was really a half asleep search of the earliest post. I don't really remember posting anything last night.

The only thing I remember was the episode itself.