Help, please. I'm looking for the name of a movie

Tools    

Fellow Mofo's,

I'm looking for a movie about a woman with a mental illness. The directing was pretty strange in that it seemed like the director let the actors do what they wanted and told the cinematographer to try to capture it. It looked and felt very real. For some reason I think it may have been filmed on 16mm, copied to DVD on old degraded 35mm, or was shot around the 70's or 60's - It's older is what I'm saying (it's color). At one point in the movie the woman is having a party with a bunch of children and she's kind of going crazy while she's playing with the kids. Her husband/boyfriend/some-man has the doctor come over to do something and she breaks down an begs him not to let the doctor take her/drug her.

Any info in helpful.

Check out this list I found while I was trying to find this movie title:
http://faculty.dwc.edu/nicosia/movie...ilmography.htm

Thanks MoFo's,
DaShiz
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Fellow Mofo's,

I'm looking for a movie about a woman with a mental illness. The directing was pretty strange in that it seemed like the director let the actors do what they wanted and told the cinematographer to try to capture it. It looked and felt very real. For some reason I think it may have been filmed on 16mm, copied to DVD on old degraded 35mm, or was shot around the 70's or 60's - It's older is what I'm saying (it's color). At one point in the movie the woman is having a party with a bunch of children and she's kind of going crazy while she's playing with the kids. Her husband/boyfriend/some-man has the doctor come over to do something and she breaks down an begs him not to let the doctor take her/drug her.
That is definitely...

A Woman Under the Influence (1974 - John Cassavetes)

It is available on R1 DVD, but be sure to look for the edition that was in the Criterion Collection John Cassavetes boxed set as it is a special edition that includes a recent conversation between stars Gena Rowlands and Peter Falk as well as a 1975 interview with the late Cassavetes himself.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

That is definitely...

A Woman Under the Influence (1974 - John Cassavetes)

It is available on R1 DVD, but be sure to look for the edition that was in the Criterion Collection John Cassavetes boxed set as it is a special edition that includes a recent conversation between stars Gena Rowlands and Peter Falk as well as a 1975 interview with the late Cassavetes himself.
That is most definitely it. Thank you, sir!

I've been trying to find that movie for awhile.