Coronavirus

Tools    

Today I had a cough or rather have had a cough since winter and since a cat of ours had 6 kittens and couldnt get rid of them. Lots of stray cats in this state and wild dogs. Anywho My sisters boyfriend asked me to wash better cause didnt wanna catch Corona from me and he is the one who works out at walmart every day. I cannot convience him that allergy cough is dry tickle in the throat and to which no mucus comes from the chest.

I know this may be considered a bit of speculation, but I did do research on the numbers as best I could.

I am not going to lie I am a bit worried for Florida. I mean I am worried for everyone, but statistically speaking we could be in for a bad time in the sunshine state if one extrapolates the numbers.

As of this post we have 2484 positive cases of Covid 19. Given that as a state we have tested approximately 27,000 people with a population of 21.3 million it is difficult to even get a grasp on it. How many are positive and do not even know it? The average age in Florida is around 42 years with around 1/4 of the residents coming in at over 65. This puts the vulnerable (due to age) number at a very scary place.

Add to all of this that the Governor is being pretty lackadaisical when it comes to social distancing. I occasionally check the web cams on the beaches here and there are still people hanging out in crowds. My son's girlfriend works at a bingo hall and they are still having games going on. I sure hope people know what they are doing because if we get hit with numbers like New York we are in trouble.

Oh and do not forget hurricane season is not far off.

I try not to be pessimistic but I also think mitigation is on the back burner down this way when it needs to be in the front of everyone's mind.

I have no charts or big science journals. Fact is no one can say what will happen in 2 months with this but I just have a feeling that all things Virus and so on run its course. Life goes on and while its a nice easy story to say all of us stop and stay home dont work. issue is this whole world cannot just stop a year.

We need food and farming time is coming. Its a nice idea to say stay home but people have to work cause need money.Democrats and Republicans know we cant just stop and the world just waits for things.

The world moves and the seasons come and go no matter what we do. All Seasons come and go and so will Virus 's and storms to come. We all will endure because its what humans do. Even actors who say stay home have contracts to do movies and get paid at a job.

Sure doesnt look possible life returns to normal. Im saying we will have to brave this world because why should just the people who keep us alive be only at risk.

Im not passing on facts or my opinions of what will happen to us all. Im just saying life will return and dont give up on this wonderful thing called life.

I know this may be considered a bit of speculation, but I did do research on the numbers as best I could.

I am not going to lie I am a bit worried for Florida. I mean I am worried for everyone, but statistically speaking we could be in for a bad time in the sunshine state if one extrapolates the numbers.

As of this post we have 2484 positive cases of Covid 19. Given that as a state we have tested approximately 27,000 people with a population of 21.3 million it is difficult to even get a grasp on it. How many are positive and do not even know it? The average age in Florida is around 42 years with around 1/4 of the residents coming in at over 65. This puts the vulnerable (due to age) number at a very scary place.

Add to all of this that the Governor is being pretty lackadaisical when it comes to social distancing. I occasionally check the web cams on the beaches here and there are still people hanging out in crowds. My son's girlfriend works at a bingo hall and they are still having games going on. I sure hope people know what they are doing because if we get hit with numbers like New York we are in trouble.

Oh and do not forget hurricane season is not far off.

I try not to be pessimistic but I also think mitigation is on the back burner down this way when it needs to be in the front of everyone's mind.
Nice what part of Florida? I'm north of Tampa about 60 miles on the Gulf. I also work in healthcare as a x-ray/MRI tech. Thankfully I work at a steady but not crazy clinic and not at the hospitals right now. Actually working towards getting my MRI license and need a few more exams to take my registry and was going go work at a hospital to get the exams I need on the side. However, I think I will wait for this to blow over first lol.

I think Florida will be fine. The only thing that is concerning is all the retired old folks down here and I live near the epicenter The Villages, that place is growing and growing and getting older and older lol. But Florida has a lot of space unlike NY or Chicago where everyone is crammed in. I actually don't think the beach is a bad place to go as long as it's not packed. Healthcare is huge business down here I think we will be prepared.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Looks like sh*t hit the fan in the US. You'll be the leading nation in yet another thing in 3 weeks, I predict. Take care.

EDIT: Sheeet. You already are!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Nice what part of Florida? I'm north of Tampa about 60 miles on the Gulf. I also work in healthcare as a x-ray/MRI tech. Thankfully I work at a steady but not crazy clinic and not at the hospitals right now. Actually working towards getting my MRI license and need a few more exams to take my registry and was going go work at a hospital to get the exams I need on the side. However, I think I will wait for this to blow over first lol.

I think Florida will be fine. The only thing that is concerning is all the retired old folks down here and I live near the epicenter The Villages, that place is growing and growing and getting older and older lol. But Florida has a lot of space unlike NY or Chicago where everyone is crammed in. I actually don't think the beach is a bad place to go as long as it's not packed. Healthcare is huge business down here I think we will be prepared.
I am in Pensacola. I think things will be fine in the long run as well, but I am worried that an unnecessary amount of people may get sick due to unsafe practices. I hope you are right about being prepared, I see 50 healthcare workers all crammed together doing drive thru testing for maybe one car every 15 minutes. I know that is just here and they are wearing PPE, but I cannot help think it is a bad idea.

Anyway not trying to be all doom and gloom and maybe it will pass with not many getting sick here but the lack of prudence is still alarming in itself.

Good luck on your license .

Typical Trump. On the day the USA sadly became the country having the most cases of any country in the world:
"Beautiful day. It's a tribute to the amount of testing that we're doing, we're doing tremendous testing. And I'm sure you're not able to tell what China is testing or not testing."

Make America Great Again! Great at unemployment, great at contracting coronavirus.....I kid, I kid.....we also hold the record for most detected cases in a day (if that couldn't be deduced from the posts so far)

UK PM Bozo tests positive. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52060791

Prime Minister Boris Johnson has tested positive for coronavirus.

Mr Johnson said he had developed mild symptoms over the past 24 hours, including a temperature and cough.

He is self-isolating in Downing Street but said he will "continue to lead the government's response via video-conference as we fight this virus".

Following Mr Johnson's announcement, Health Secretary Matt Hancock also said he had tested positive for the virus.

I tend to look at the positive in all these reports of the virus who has it. And that is our death rate is down. We have more cases but treatable people means alive people and we are ahead in not having 8 thousand or 4 thousand dead people currently just 1,200. Its not good anyone is dead but we are getting improvements in people recovering. In my state we have 76 postive and rest no virus and people who had it were people coming home out of state. Its not speculation its on our local news from Gov.

A system of cells interlinked
I am stunned by the amount of people still not seeing a correlation between the ramping up of testing and the detected cases.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I am in Pensacola. I think things will be fine in the long run as well, but I am worried that an unnecessary amount of people may get sick due to unsafe practices. I hope you are right about being prepared, I see 50 healthcare workers all crammed together doing drive thru testing for maybe one car every 15 minutes. I know that is just here and they are wearing PPE, but I cannot help think it is a bad idea.

Anyway not trying to be all doom and gloom and maybe it will pass with not many getting sick here but the lack of prudence is still alarming in itself.

Good luck on your license .
Small world. You're both just a few hours away (7th being a few hours less, of course!). I'm in the SE corner of Alabama. My sister lives in ...er.. somewhere around Pensacola. Never been to her house so not sure. But my dad lives in the panhandle too. My mom's mom and sister (mom's) both live maybe an hour east of Tampa.

We should all meet somewhere in the middle and go drunk canoeing! Cuz that's a thing 'round these here parts.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I am stunned by the amount of people still not seeing a correlation between the ramping up of testing and the detected cases.
Forgive me. Coffee is still only slowly kicking in. What are you referring to?

Yeah, this. Trump has said a lot of inaccurate things, but expressing skepticism about China's reporting is reasonable. Not that it matters too much towards our behavior, since whether we're first or second or third in confirmed cases really doesn't alter that, or shouldn't.

For context, China's numbers seem to have fallen off a cliff, and then they were soon reporting zero new cases, which seems a little implausible. Maybe they really clamped down and it worked, or maybe they're just lying. We can be pretty certain they hid a lot of important details at the start of all this (ones that certainly cost lives all over the world), so I definitely wouldn't take what they're saying at face value, for the moment.

I think the most shocking thing is people think Trump who is a business person not career Politican would not aim to reopen the USA at some point least by May at the latest.

Take Hollywood it cant stay shut down for half a year. Lots of movies budgeted and tv series and if waited a year Hollywood would be bankrupted as well as all these businesses. Yes life sustaining businesses stay open. Stimulus checks can only be sent 2 checks at most.

Jobs need come back cause no nation can stay locked down more then 2 months. Its just shocking to me people thinks we can all stay home and money just can be restarted and made later. The USA looks overwhelmed and cant be safe but people just see a person with it means there dead. 80 percent of people with it are like Tom Hanks with mild symptoms. News people dont mention people who die didnt have a bad disease like cancer or an illness before hand.

So tired of seeing politics being more important then saving lives and getting people there jobs back by finding a cure. Or seeing everyone make these estimated death charts on the news. news gives people no hope what so ever. I dont like trump but now is not the time not to work with your president.

Yeah, this. Trump has said a lot of inaccurate things, but expressing skepticism about China's reporting is reasonable. Not that it matters too much towards our behavior, since whether we're first or second or third in confirmed cases really doesn't alter that, or shouldn't.

For context, China's numbers seem to have fallen off a cliff, and then they were soon reporting zero new cases, which seems a little implausible. Maybe they really clamped down and it worked, or maybe they're just lying. We can be pretty certain they hid a lot of important details at the start of all this (ones that certainly cost lives all over the world), so I definitely wouldn't take what they're saying at face value, for the moment.
Something happened cause in mid april they are reopening 600 movies theaters in china and rereleasing Avatar and all MCU Avenger Films.

I'm willing to believe it's not as bad as it was there, but I'm not sure I buy that it fell off a cliff and hit zero that quickly.

I also would totally buy that they'd rush re-opening things too fast to save face. They've already done a lot of dangerous and dishonest things to save face.

Yeah, pretty strange times at the moment. I'm in quite a fortunate position in that I'm a Web Developer so all my work can be done at home and I'm still employed full-time. I've got a laptop, two monitors, and a VPN to access work machines too via Remote Desktop. Where I live has a lot of space and comfortable furniture, so it's ideal for this situation. That's not to say it's without it's challenges, not getting distracted can be tough and work has its lulls, but overall I've been very productive I think.

I actually think the UK government has done a decent job. Lots of political point scoring as to be predicted, but I do think the government is acting in our interests and so far the support has been quite good. 80% subsidised wages for "furloughed" workers including the self-employed, as well business loans and grants. Some people are complaining about ease of access and waiting times, but I think in such a large scale unprecedented situation it's to be expected that the system won't be perfect. Hopefully the good will of others and very low cost borrowing can support people too at least short term.

Personally I have found the situation okay for my mental health, I have my good days and bad days. I was normally spending most evenings a week outside the house so it's a bit strange being home with no sports or social activities, I miss playing pool and wish I had a table in my house. I've been watching a few films as you'd suspect, and want to hopefully get back to some previously "parked" activities such as reading, drawing, and writing.

i feel bad for jokin uk situation right now.
but i cant resist..