GREAT Kirk Douglas Interview

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Kirk was even greater off screen, for breaking the blacklist, and said he wasn't going to use a fake name, that he would use Dalton Trumbo, a COMMUNIST.

He produced the movie, so he was risking everything. Things a lot more money. But his career didn't finish there, and in fact, right after, made a movie in what he calls his most favorite, "Lonely Are The Brave", which I recommend to everyone!

I sometimes think if you want to tell the truth you write a novel, if you really want to lie you write a biography

I like that.
Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

I think part of Kirk's longevity was his attention to physical fitness - the guy always kept in shape.
His posture was always impecable - look at the way he walks on stage in this interview.

I think part of Kirk's longevity was his attention to physical fitness - the guy always kept in shape.
His posture was always impecable - look at the way he walks on stage in this interview.

Even after his stroke, he taught himself to speak, went on talk shows.

Nice interview. I think what strikes the observant viewer is the overall good-naturedness and class exhibited by Douglas (and the interviewer as well). That was the standard for most of the 20th Century. Sadly that admirable state of mind and behavior has disappeared in modern times.

Nice interview. I think what strikes the observant viewer is the overall good-naturedness and class exhibited by Douglas (and the interviewer as well). That was the standard for most of the 20th Century. Sadly that admirable state of mind and behavior has disappeared in modern times.
I totally agree.. Seems like a guy you'd love to hang out with, and not even need to discuss movies.