The MoFo Top 100 of the Seventies

→ in
Tools    

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I'm hoping that people give Being There a watch. I'm also hoping that those of us that love Cabaret place it high enough that it earns a decent spot on the list.

Submitted! Only 5 out of 25 are foreign films. American Cinema of the 70s is just far too important to be ignored.
I think mine this time was split 50-50 this time. I had 18 non-English on the 1980's list because I tried to get as much anime as possible (in the end it didn't make a difference since the ones I voted for I am probably also the only one who watched those).

You're as cracked as the 14th Earl of Gurney?
If so, I'm quite well-mannered to the point of fooling everyone. But honestly it's probably my favorite comedy, and I couldn't write one page about why. It actually bothers me

You know it's going near my daughter's and my top.
Yeah, I was kind of counting on that. I don't say this about many movies, but I just don't get how people don't love this movie.

My mom loved Peter Sellers, so I had a severe dislike of him when I was young because It seemed like The Pink Panther movies were always on our television. As I got older, I started to appreciate him more and loved Being There. I also like The Mouse that Roared a lot, but it's a 60s movie, I think so I'll have to wait for the next list for that one.

I've been lurking around on this site for the past several weeks, just enjoying watching all of you crazy people bicker about movies, but after watching the 80's Countdown and seeing so many great films not even make the list (Fitzcarraldo and The Last Temptation of Christ were two omissions that I found particularly heartbreaking), I've finally decided to create an account so that I can participate in future countdowns and movie debates. So, you know, hello and how ya' doing and happy to be a registered mofo and all of that.

I know I can't submit a list for this countdown until I've been a member for a month. That doesn't matter, though, because I plan on using as much time as possible to absorb all the 70's greatness that I can get my hands on. There are several well-regarded films from the 70's that I've been meaning to watch, but, for whatever reason, just haven't gotten around to actually watching. Films like Stalker, The Last Goodbye, 3 Women, Paper Moon, Harold & Maude, etc. Preparing for this countdown will be the kick to the keister I need to finally seek out those films.

Oh wow, I thought it was the mid-sixties for some reason. I guess I have to wait for a couple more lists for that one.

I went ahead and did a quick preliminary list. I think it's pretty close to what I'll actually be sending in officially, but I'll hold off until the last minute like always.

I have Being There on Blu Ray just waiting for me to watch it, as for Peter Sellers his best role is obviously in Dr Strangelove, but he has an other fantastic performance in The Party