Stars you thought were dead that are still alive, or...

Tools    

...just died when you thought they'd been dead for years.

Maybe a bit morbid for a subject but an honest subject. It's happened to me many, many times. I just today learned that Piper Laurie, of Carrie fame, is still very much alive. I saw that she attended the TCM Film Festival or whatever that once-yearly thing they have is now back up again after being postponed by Covid.

Also, an actor I was certain had passed away years ago had a birthday not long ago and that's M. Emmet Walsh. I just read that he's 87 and is still making movies. Go figure.

So, does anybody have somebody they thought had died and is still alive or is dead when you thought they were still alive. Just curious to see that I'm not the only one to think about this...

I figured Piper Laurie was still alive...she did a guest shot on Will & Grace in the early 2000's. I do have to admit that I had no idea that M Emmett Walsh was still alive...that guy has been around a LONG time.

I was amazed that Virginia McKenna of Born Free fame is still alive. She’s 91 & I saw her in the news relating to Queen Elizabeth’s celebrations this week.

Looking at IMDB, I saw another one that's alive that I could swear I heard died years ago and that's June Lockhart of Lost in Space fame. But, to be fair, she just turned 97-years-old. Still hanging in there!

Paul Sorvino still being alive (and apparently working) is a shock to me...it's crazy that Ray Liotta was the first of the Goodfellas to go.

I know Jack Nicholson is still alive but he's pretty much disappeared. It's pretty shocking he hasn't even gotten his career achievement awards...he just sort of went away.

Being that yesterday was the 4th of July, I learned on IMDB that Eva Marie Saint just turned 98! I could have sworn she had already passed away. Go Eva!
Wow. Loved her in On the Waterfront. Assumed she wasn’t still with us.

I know Jack Nicholson is still alive but he's pretty much disappeared. It's pretty shocking he hasn't even gotten his career achievement awards...he just sort of went away.
I had no idea - until I checked - that he hasn’t made a movie for 12 years.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
My brain decided to think about the guy who played Screech the other day. I refuse to internet in order to solve this mystery, but feel like he passed away.

My brain decided to think about the guy who played Screech the other day. I refuse to internet in order to solve this mystery, but feel like he passed away.
WARNING: "In case you still don't want to know..." spoilers below
He did. Dustin Diamond 1977 - 2021

I'm actually surprised by his death date now that I looked it up, because it seems like I heard about his death more than a few years ago, but it was only about a year and a half ago!

Omg, even voodoo normally takes longer than that

Nicholson received the American Film Institute's Life Achievement Award in 1994 (he was fifty-seven). He received the Cecil B. DeMille Award from the Golden Globes in 1999 (he was sixty-two). The Oscars haven't given him a "career" type award, but with twelve acting nominations and three wins he doesn't need one from them.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I was talking to a neighbor who's about to have her dog spayed, and I said, "Even though he's been dead for years, I still hear commercials on the radio from Bob Barker about spaying & neutering your pets."

I was wrong, and it's no wonder they are still playing Bob Barker's commercials on the radio - he's still alive at age 99!

Speaking of Bobs... Bob Newhart is still alive at age 93.

I hate to admit this, but its really too spot-on for the timing of this thread. Before finding out James Caan died, I had already thought he was dead.