My 100 Favorite Movies

→ in
Tools    

I found In Time 2011 to be very memorable. Even though it is not supposed to be a "good" movie it's particular style was still quite unique and I remember watching it very clearly which means it achieved what art is supposed to achieve.
Yea it is a unique movie, I think if they ever make a Sims Movie, they should have that time thing on them lol. When the green crystal on top of their heads turn red, they start to die down or if they die in an unexpected death.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Interesting batch here, all relating to the same sub genre.

Sixteen Candles is one of my wife's favourite films, the less said about the stereotyped Asian character the better.

Not Another Teen Movie - underrated parody film.

Can't Hardly Wait - I wore out my VHS copy of this. Party movies are a particular genre that if done right, really work. This one really works.

Clueless - A great film, Stacy Dash is hot.I'll ignore her super craziness.

Suspect's Reviews

The Duff (2015)
A movie that I thought was not going to be a good one but the movie proved me wrong as it ended up being good. Hopefully they come out with more good high school movies in the near future.

"In the end, it isn't about popularity or even getting the guy. It's about understanding that no matter what label is thrown your way, only you can define yourself."

Back to the Future (1985)
A great sci-fi time traveling and adventurous film. What I liked about this movie is how time traveling can be fun but risky also because you might get stuck in a year that you thought was good but ended up with things that have gone bad.

"The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?"

21 Jump Street (2012)
A fun buddy cop movie about two knuckle headed cops going undercover at high school to bring down this synthetic drug ring. I also liked the sequel, I thought it was somewhat funny.

"I look like Fred Savage from the wonder years, but completely naked and wearing Indian friendship bracelets."

Heathers (1989)
This silly revenge movie was a weird one but in a good way. Also Winona Ryder and Christian Slater made this movie amazingly humorous.

“Lick it up, baby. Lick it up.”

Carrie (1976)
The only movie that I liked from Stephen King, the rest of his movies I didn't care for. What I found special about this one is, it's about a girl being tormented by high school bullies and getting her revenge on them and also showing how creepy this movie was. I'll give the 2013 remake a special mention as well for making it a decent movie.

"They're all gonna laugh at you."

Interesting batch here, all relating to the same sub genre.

Sixteen Candles is one of my wife's favourite films, the less said about the stereotyped Asian character the better.

Not Another Teen Movie - underrated parody film.

Can't Hardly Wait - I wore out my VHS copy of this. Party movies are a particular genre that if done right, really work. This one really works.

Clueless - A great film, Stacy Dash is hot.I'll ignore her super craziness.
Yea party movies like Can't Hardly Wait really works when a movie called 21 & Over which is another one, that movie sucked. Movies like that that try so hard to be funny but fails miserably.

Yes Stacy Dash is sure a hot one

I still need to see Heathers.
Have u seen the rest of the movies I have down so far or some of them?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
The Duff I agree with you thinking the film was going to be bogus, but then being surprisingly decent in the end. I thought it managed to be a little like Easy A and modernize the teenage high school 80's films for today. Mae Witman aka Her? is great.

Back To The Future A classic, one of my favourites.

21 Jump Street another comedy that was surprising. Great chemistry between Hill and Tatum.

I still need to see Heathers.
Have u seen the rest of the movies I have down so far or some of them?
Yeah Ive seen several that one just reminded me I need to see it. I really enjoyed Dog Day Afternoonwhen I saw it but its been so long I need to rewatch it. Carrie is the horror movie that got me interested in horror. I liked Back to the future but not nearly as much as others do. I also have a soft spot for goofy films like Anger Management. Toy Story is best Pixar imo. Who framed Roger Rabbit is excellent ofcourse.

Also ive only seen the original I spit on your grave but I apreciated how raw it was.

I'm loving the layout on your countdown, Moviefan You have a lot of good choices here and I like a lot of them, some I haven't seen. But these below I love...

#96 In Time (2011)...Yes! glad to see a few fans of this very intelligent, conceptional sci fi film. Loved the concept and the way it was filmed. One of the best sci-fis in the last 10 years. Have you seen Upside Down (2012)?

#97 A Christmas Story (1983)...A perfect, perfect film for me. I've seen it so many times, I remember the lines!

#94 Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988)...I'm not a big fan of animation, but loved this one.

#92 Dog Day Afternoon (1975)...Hey this isn't from the 80s Great film with deep character development.

#80 Pretty in Pink (1986)...I've always liked this one, but I LOVE your next Brat Pack film...
#76 Sixteen Candles (1984)...Yup this one! Love it...My favorite of the Molly films.

#74 Back to the Future (1985)

#72 Heathers (1989)
...Surprisingly different and stylishly, a fun watch.

Keep up the good work and I'll keep checking out your countdown

Panic Room (2002)
A fun thriller movie to watch and it was nice to see Foster and Stewart as the two lead roles in it.

"My room! definitely my room!"

Hostage (2005)
A cool home invasion/kidnap movie and also with a good performance by Bruce Willis.

"F**king rich people."

The Purge 2: Anarchy (2014)
This movie is more of a guilty pleasure movie that I enjoyed and hopefully this cruel purge event is never a real thing that is introduced in the real world. I also found the other purge movies pleasurable to watch also. I can't wait for the mini tv series coming on Sept 4, on the USA Network.

"This is the Emergency Broadcast System announcing the commencement of the annual purge. At the siren, all emergency services will be suspended for 12 hours. Your government thanks you for your participation."

Hot Fuzz (2007)
An interesting buddy cop movie and a funny one too. Unlike the two leads that brought you a good and funny zombie film known as Shaun of the dead but also does very well in this movie also.

"I may not be a man of God, Reverend, but I know right and I know wrong and I have the good grace to know which is which."

Ace Ventura: Pet Detective (1994)
Here's another exciting comedy movie from Jim Carrey and an adventurous one too.

"Alllrighty then."

Yeah Ive seen several that one just reminded me I need to see it. I really enjoyed Dog Day Afternoonwhen I saw it but its been so long I need to rewatch it. Carrie is the horror movie that got me interested in horror. I liked Back to the future but not nearly as much as others do. I also have a soft spot for goofy films like Anger Management. Toy Story is best Pixar imo. Who framed Roger Rabbit is excellent ofcourse.

Also ive only seen the original I spit on your grave but I apreciated how raw it was.
You should see the remake for I spit on your grave, I like how waters down some stuff because it makes it a little more watchable.

I'm loving the layout on your countdown, Moviefan You have a lot of good choices here and I like a lot of them, some I haven't seen. But these below I love...

#96 In Time (2011)...Yes! glad to see a few fans of this very intelligent, conceptional sci fi film. Loved the concept and the way it was filmed. One of the best sci-fis in the last 10 years. Have you seen Upside Down (2012)?

#97 A Christmas Story (1983)...A perfect, perfect film for me. I've seen it so many times, I remember the lines!

#94 Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988)...I'm not a big fan of animation, but loved this one.

#92 Dog Day Afternoon (1975)...Hey this isn't from the 80s Great film with deep character development.

#80 Pretty in Pink (1986)...I've always liked this one, but I LOVE your next Brat Pack film...
#76 Sixteen Candles (1984)...Yup this one! Love it...My favorite of the Molly films.

#74 Back to the Future (1985)

#72 Heathers (1989)
...Surprisingly different and stylishly, a fun watch.

Keep up the good work and I'll keep checking out your countdown

No I haven't sen upside down yet, is it good?
I put 1975 not 1985 for Dog Day Afternoon :P
Also thanks and glad you like the list, there's plenty more good ones to come

No I haven't sen upside down yet, is it good?
If you liked In Time, there's a good chance you'll like Upside Down. Maybe check out the trailer? I thought it was a pretty decent sci flick.

I put 1975 not 1985 for Dog Day Afternoon :P
Also thanks and glad you like the list, there's plenty more good ones to come
Oh I was just kidding around Your MovieFan 1988 and almost all the films you had in the countdown were from the 80s so I was surprised to see a 70s film in your list, but pleased!

If you liked In Time, there's a good chance you'll like Upside Down. Maybe check out the trailer? I thought it was a pretty decent sci flick.

Oh I was just kidding around Your MovieFan 1988 and almost all the films you had in the countdown were from the 80s so I was surprised to see a 70s film in your list, but pleased!
I'll have to check out the trailer sometime.
oh I see now lol

Panic Room (2002)
A fun thriller movie to watch and it was nice to see Foster and Stewart as the two lead roles in it.

"My room! definitely my room!"

Very pleased to see Panic Room on your list, I love that movie.

[size="5"]
Back to the Future (1985)
A great sci-fi time traveling and adventurous film. What I liked about this movie is how time traveling can be fun but risky also because you might get stuck in a year that you thought was good but ended up with things that have gone bad.

"The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?"

Carrie (1976)
The only movie that I liked from Stephen King, the rest of his movies I didn't care for. What I found special about this one is, it's about a girl being tormented by high school bullies and getting her revenge on them and also showing how creepy this movie was. I'll give the 2013 remake a special mention as well for making it a decent movie.

"They're all gonna laugh at you."
Two practically perfect movies with enormous re-watch appeal.

Very pleased to see Panic Room on your list, I love that movie.
I'm surprised that out of all the lists i've looked at by other ppl that made their favorite lists that this movie wasn't in there, so it's cool that I got it in here

Two practically perfect movies with enormous re-watch appeal.
Yea your right they sure have some re watchable appeal

The Truman Show (1998)
After watching it for the 2nd time, I liked it even more. the pain that Carrey's character goes through after finding out that his life was all a lie and just some tv show about him is heartbreaking, if I was him I would want out immediately just for the sake of it so I can have my own private life.

"Good Morning, in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening and good night."

First Blood: Rambo (1982)
I like these kind survival type movies and see how the lead character survives and beats up on the evil guys that want him dead.

"I could have killed 'em all, I could've killed you. In town you're the law, out here it's me. Don't push it! Don't push it or I'll give you a war you won't believe. Let it go. Let it go!"

Stuck on You (2003)
A heartwarming movie about two twins stuck together and living a hard life. One wants a Hollywood life and the other wants just a quiet life and if they ever wanted to split up to have separate lives they must do the ultimate sacrifice in hopes that they make it out of surgery alright since it's a 50/50 chance.

"Promise me you'll still be there when I wake up."

Saving Private Ryan (1998)
War movies like these are great to watch and watching all the explosive action going on in it also.

"He better be worth it. He better go home and cure a disease, or invent a longer-lasting light bulb."

Taken (2009)

As much as I like movie that contain lead character going on a rescue mission and kicking evil guys a**es. I found it fun watching how Liam Neeson deals with these guys which are involved in sex trafficking and kidnapping his daughter and her friend while they go on a trip to Paris.

" I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you."