Top 50 Tearjerkers

Tools    

Forrest Gump
Breakfast club
My Girl
Big Fish
Green Mile

i'm getting teary just thinking about it!

I am the man of constant sorrow
Edward scissorhands; The most perfect utterance of the words "I love you" and Edward is alone again forever.

The Godfather part 3; whenever Sophia Coppola "acts".

Aliens; I feel really bad for the queen.

pjr
eh... again, id have to go with these, in no particular order:

pure (2005)

lilja 4-ever (2002)

turtles can fly (2004

sherrybaby (2006)

The Green Mile did it for me as well. He was just...such a gentle man...::cries::

SPOILERS AHEAD!
Although if you haven't already seen Forrest Gump, you probably deserve to have it spoiled.

I have never cried in any movie more than I did in Forrest Gump.

- When Jenny dies.

- When his mum dies.

- And the scene at the end where he's talking to Jenny's grave, forget it. I was a mess.

A few you mentioned got me as well.

The Return of the king got me multiple times.

The part where the peoples of Middle earth are going to fight their final battle making the diversion so Frodo could destroy the ring. Gimli turns to Legolas and says, "Never thought I'd die fighting side by side with an elf." and Legolas says, "What about side by side with a friend?" and he finishes, "Aye, I could do that." It's too much, it's simply genius and just beautiful.

Also the part where the rest of the Fellowship runite for the last time until they part ways. They've been through so much together and in the journey became brothers, now they must say goodbye. Also the part when Aragorn is crowned king, and the hobbits bow, but he stops them and says, "My friends, you bow to noone." and bows himself, utterly amazing.

I was watching the most wonderfully imaginative film by Tim Burton called Big Fish. And, like you said, when the end comes and he's going to pass away, his son sees all the beautiful characters he'd grown tired of and thought phony. I just could not contain myself, it was crazy.

Titanic. What can I say? Jack sits freezing in the still, silent, and icy night water with Rose floating on debris beside him. And then, he begins to die. He's shivering uncontrollably with "my Heart Will Go on" playing steadily in the background. He says "Don't let go Rose...." a few times and sinks into the depths of the sea, it never fails to grip me! My only peeve: If Rose loved him THAT much, she would've MADE room for him, or freezed herself, I guess that's Hollywood.

Honestly I really find myself unable to stop crying through the whole film The Pianist. Who couldn't be deeply hurt and disgusted by not only the noble brave and wholeheartedly strong human being Szpilman, but the terror and suffering and persecution these people suffered during the Holocaust, which is depicted so real in this film. And then a Nazi tends to him, just FORGET it! One part that stands out broadly was when Soviets found him in a Nazi coat and almost shoot, but he yells he's Polish and when they ask about the coat he says, so profoundly, "I'm cold."

At the end of Monster when she's got to be taken away for prison. The woman does EVIL things, but she was so troubled that they make a way for you to be able to feel for her, even a little. She calls her girlfriend and says she'll never forget her, gosh it's nuts.

United 93, almost every part of it. Those poor people were just simple civillians thrown into large and extremely unfortunate happenings that were out of their control. And even though they knew that after this they may never see the light of day again, they grouped togther with people they never knew and saved our country from a larger devastation and kept courage and strength in times of greatest diversity, and became heroes, in every sense of the word.

The Fellowship of the Ring at the end where Sam tags along with Frodo and says, "I made a promise Mr. Frodo, a promise, 'Don't you lose him Samwise Gamgee, and I don't mean to, I don't mean to....". The Fellowship has broken, one of them dead and they're all in their own factions getting ready for the harrowing journey ahead, geez.

It's at the end of It's A Wonderful Life. He's back again and realizes just how much he really has in his life. The neighborhood is in his house, they're being so generous and giving large sums of money, just for him. He's crying as he watches this, even though he knows he has more than all that money could ever buy. They start to sing, "May all acquaintance be forgot....." and that's it, I just can't take it. Then, just when I thought it couldn't much better his daughter tells him to look and says, "every time a bell rings, angel gets his wings." and he says, "That's right, that's right Clarence" and winks up at the the sky, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! It seriously doesn't get much better than that, or more teary. That is, in my opinion, my favorite, and one of the best scenes in the history of cinema.

There are more, yet I can't name them all.

SPOILERS AHEAD!
Although if you haven't already seen Forrest Gump, you probably deserve to have it spoiled.

I have never cried in any movie more than I did in Forrest Gump.

- When Jenny dies.
- When his mum dies.
- And the scene at the end where he's talking to Jenny's grave, forget it. I was a mess.
None of those scenes affected me nearly as much as the one where he asks Jenny why she doesn't love him. Romeo and Juliet didn't get as tragic as that one moment when the full depth of his love is poured out to a woman who can never love him back the way he loves her... pure, simple and unadulterated. My bottom lip was quivering and the tears were rolling at that point.

Meadows and Wook Obsessive
Dead Man's Shoes.

Holy ****, I've never cried so much at a film. It happens every time I watch it too!

1. Titanic
2. Braveheart
3. Butterfly Effect
4. A Walk To Remember
5. Shawshank Redemption
5. Jerry McGuire
6. The Green Mile
7. Good Will Hunting
8. Glory
9. Pay It Forward
10. Iron Giant

Garden of the Finzi-Continis: made me sob.

Being There: This particular film, about a mentally handicapped man who'd had a loyal housekeeper from boyhood, and who finally lost her patience and left him, made me tear up, especially in the end.

Kramer vs. Kramer: made me choke up slightly.

Schindler's List: made me tear up.

West Side Story: choked up and filled with tears during the time that Anita was warning Maria about Chino gunning for Tony, and weeping for the loss of Bernardo, who Anita had loved dearly.

Steel Magnolias
Magnolia
Lion King
Land Before Time
Titanic
House of Sand and Fog
Reign Over Me
Pursuit of Happiness
Beaches
The Passion
Good Will Hunting
Terms of Endearment
Secrets and Lies
The Color Purple
Breaking the Waves

Hi, These are the ones that get me every time!

Ghost, Man on fire, The Notebook, Brokeback Mountain, December Boys, Stardust, A walk to Remember, Go toward the light, Moulin Rouge, I am Sam, From Hell, The Sixth Sense, I am Legend, Leon the Professional, Poeseidon, Finding Neverland, Philidelphia, If Only, Row your Boat, E.T, Braveheart, Kes, My Girl, Shawshank Redemption, Green Mile, Forrest Gump, Who will love my children, Romeo and Juliet, The pursuit of Happyness, Jerry Mcguire, Love story, Love Actually, Field of Dreams, Dying Young, Little Women, Lord Of The Rings 3, Across the Universe, Stardust, Elizabeth Town, Pirates of the Caribbean 3, Ned Kelly, Mermaids.

There are some more but I can't think of any at the moment Lol.

I know I'm sad but I get rigth into Films and it feels like your there with them if you know what I mean LoL

About Schmidt is the only film on your top 50 that made me tear up. I rarely ever cry over something in a movie, so, making a top list would be hard for me to do.

message in a bottle

I'll also add the movie Being There to my list of tearjerkers. This movie is about a developmentally challenged guy who was cared for by an extremely loyal housekeeper and caretaker from the time he was a child until he was much older. She was there for him all those years, and she finally lost her patience and left him, because she could no longer deal with him. Sad, indeed.