Great Movies You've Never Seen

Tools    

I am half agony, half hope.
I have a confession...

I have never watched more than 10 minutes of Citizen Kane because it bores me.

Any of you want to 'fess up about a so called, 'great' movie you've never seen?

On the flip side, I have to confess that I watched all of Eyes Wide Shut to see what it was about, and that's 3 hours of my life I'll never get back...

Johann von Goethe

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
The first 10/15 minutes of Citizen Kane is not the best bit, I'd recommend you persevere. As for not getting the time you spent watching movies back; you don't get it back if you enjoy the movie either - you probably lose more because you might watch it again!

I've never seen Raging Bull, I've rented it countless times but have never actually watched the whole thing.

The Reaping 7/10
Transformers 8.5/10
Flight of the Living Dead 6/10
The Invisible 6/10
Return to House on Haunted Hill 1/10
Planet Terror 8/10
A Mighty Heart 7/10

I've never seen Raging Bull, I've rented it countless times but have never actually watched the whole thing.
Funny, I've never seen Raging Bull all the way through either. I've seen bits and pieces, though.

I've also never seen It Happened One Night in its entirety, which is funny because I generally like that sort of film.

I've actually never seen The Godfather trilogy. I've told Holden Pike and some others this before. I usually say that I have watched this for the ease of conversation, but I haven't. Heard it's a good trilogy though...

I've never seen Raging Bull, Good Will Hunting, Casablanca, Chinatown, Pride & Prejudice or Citizen Kane. I just recently watched Godfather 1, and am going to go ahead and buy the trilogy on DVD because many say that part 2 is even better (part 3, not so much, but what the hell, the set is only like 20 bucks).

Taxi Driver: I find the acting amazing, but the content and underlying feel makes me turn it off every time.

I own Citizen Kane and have yet to watch it.

What is it with people not watching Raging Bull all the way through? Is it boring or something? I blind bought the DVD and watched it in it's entirety as soon as I got home. I now consider it one of the best films I've seen.

James, Prospero and Pyro: why don't you just watch it from start to finish?

I am half agony, half hope.
More great movies I haven't seen...

Taxi Driver, Midnight Cowboy, Reservoir Dogs, The Usual Suspects (who the heck is Kaiser Sosa?),
Mean Streets...

i've heard alot about citizen kane as well and haven't seen it

but as for raging bull : it's pretty horrbile as i recall - but i've only seen it once

godfather trilogy : the first one is one of my favorite movies , the second one is really good too , but defintly not in the same leauge as the first : then there's the third one , which is one of the worst films

good will hunting : proof that the mainstream taste in films is pretty bad

Taxi Driver is great

Reservoir Dogs is in my top 5

Usual suspects sucks

Welcome to the human race...
The ones that come to mind for me...

The Searchers
Ran
Rear Window
The Maltese Falcon
(and most other good Bogart movies)
Metropolis
M
8 1/2

and so on.

Lord of the Rings
The Goffather
Harry Potter

Tyger, Tyger, Burning Bright
To get an idea of just how bad I've been at watching the "classics" I got the latest AFI top 100 American films, and was only able to check off 40 of them as ones I have seen all the way through.
There are probably 25 others that I've seen bits and pieces of, or started and didn't finish, or whatever (but haven't watched all the way through).
Oh well, I'm just not very cultured I guess...

I've never seen the entire Citizen Kane and Vertigo. As soon as I get the chance, I'll watch the entire movie.
I haven't seen these either.
I also must see...
  • ET
  • Spaceballs
  • The new Dukes of Hazzard Movie
  • Pinhead

Tyger, Tyger, Burning Bright
I've actually never seen The Godfather trilogy. I've told Holden Pike and some others this before. I usually say that I have watched this for the ease of conversation, but I haven't. Heard it's a good trilogy though...
hey... wait a sec... weren't you saying in another thread how bad these were, how hard they were to watch?

I have never ever watched the whole It's A Wonderful Life. I have watched about 30 minutes at the most. I vow to catch it at least once this Christmas season.

Movies that i've never seen but i'm looking forward to watch (sooner or later) are Citizen Kane, Schindler's List, Good Will Hunting, Into the Wild