The Denim Record

→ in
Tools    

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Power of the Dog 2021

I was out on this movie for about 98% of the time, but that other 2% really packed a punch.

The Goonies 1985

Just like Predator, almost perfect.

Pig 2021

Nic Cage & Co. show the many ways that sorrow can manifest itself.

The Batman 2022

Pattinson’s Batman is the best of the newer generation but probably not in the best movie.

Chinatown 1974

Jack Nicholson doesn’t go to 11, but still puts in a smoking display for the ages.

Hitman's Wife Bodyguard 2021

I don't think missing the first 20 minnies hurt anything.

Hunt for the Wilderpeople 2016

The Ricky Baker Song

The Northman 2022

Eric Northman feeds on blood.

Bottle Rocket 1996

Please come home, Wesley. Just come on home.

Mad Max: Fury Road 'Black and Chrome' 2016

After spending days worth of Blood, Sweat and Chrome, this film's mileage may vary.

Top Gun: Maverick 2022

Kinda choppy, recycled exhibition that didn’t matter because they nailed the opening.

Dragged Across Concrete 2018

I can’t excuse changing a Tahoe to a Durango back to a Tahoe. I’m sure they explain it in the DVD extras.

Thor: Love and Thunder 2022

during Marvel pitch session…

“Okay group, ideas?”

“We can make
another Thor movie!”

“Sounds great! Order the Dbol.”

The Gray Man 2022

Just another Thursday.

Prey 2022

25 m____r f_____n’ years.
25 m____r f_____n’ years it took to make a worthy successor to an iconic franchise.

It may as well be December twenty-five, cause this is the present I’ve been asking for.

Hmm.. ok I'll watch it, only because you seem to like it and Trachtenberg also did 10 Cloverfield Lane + episodes for The Boys and Black Mirror.
This is probably the best depiction of the Yajuta in action. The only critiques I’ve seen people level are the societal/political/racial stuff, etc.

It’s a tight little thrill ride. Perfect? No. But it goes a long way in restoring this franchise.

Where the Crawdads Sing (2022)

What if I told you, the book was better. Or so I was told.

Sidenote: Being a North Carolinian and accustomed to the level of humidity and insect activity, I get when I see coifed hair and clear, bare legs in the wetlands.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Where the Crawdads Sing (2022)

What if I told you, the book was better. Or so I was told.

Sidenote: Being a North Carolinian and accustomed to the level of humidity and insect activity, I get when I see coifed hair and clear, bare legs in the wetlands.

I caught this in theater for lack of anything else to watch. My initial impression was that it was a blend of a typical Hallmark movie drama and The Notebook, even opening with a similar piano theme, if memory serves. The story itself is well and good, but the editing really dulls the experience. Could have been tighter. Could have better acting, slightly, and could have edited 20 minutes or so out. Garret Dillahunt was a nice bonus, but didn't carry screen time very long in.

Not a bad movie and actually a decent story, but it was a bit generic for the buzz that I was picking up on.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

I caught this in theater for lack of anything else to watch. My initial impression was that it was a blend of a typical Hallmark movie drama and The Notebook, even opening with a similar piano theme, if memory serves. The story itself is well and good, but the editing really dulls the experience. Could have been tighter. Could have better acting, slightly, and could have edited 20 minutes or so out. Garret Dillahunt was a nice bonus, but didn't carry screen time very long in.

Not a bad movie and actually a decent story, but it was a bit generic for the buzz that I was picking up on.

According to my friend, there are details hinted at in the movie, that are fleshed out in the book. Real big one, the bus trip. Seems like the movie is winking at the book readers, like you really know what happened.