What character scared you as a child?

Tools    

Making a difference
was unnerved by "Churkie". Looking back now can nt believe I was

The Wheelers from Return to Oz. God, those dudes were creepy... I think the worst thing about them was that they got right up behind Dorthy when they came around multiple times, and who knows what they would've done had they gotten her. Not grabbed, what with their wheels - maybe run over her? Their laughs were a thing of beauty. I recommend that movie just for the maniacal laughter.

When I was about 8 yo I saw a movie (sorry, can't remember the title) about a scientist who lived on an island. He invited his daughter to come visit as he had a new experiment to show her. When they arrived at the island, no one was to be found. Turns out the scientist had created a man out of mud who then turned on his creators and killed them all. The daughter brought some friends along and they all get knocked off one by one. The survivors eventually figure out that salt water will kill the monster. This would have been in the late 70s. I was scared to death. I would not go to bed by myself for months.

Big Chico's Movie Blog
Pee-wee herman terrified me as a child.
I would have nightmares for days.
I'm with you on this. I still can watch Paul Ruben in a movie!

One man for the job but the right man
no doubt about it... Michael Myers lol

It would have to be "It"!! I HATED that movie...I'm scared of clowns now!! LOL!

Fidget the bat from The Great Mouse detective in the opening sequences always used to get me.

I had a very sheltered childhood.

The Scary Clown Pennywise from the Movie "IT"
used to scare me a lot when i was a kid.

Also movies from Dracula when they were in black and white

Ray

Oh, by a street, The Wicked Witch of the West from The Wizard of Oz. That bitch gave me the runs back in the day.

The Haunting and The Pit and the Pendulum (particularly the last shot, which haunted me for years until I watched it again recently) scared me when I was little. There were others but those are the two I remember most.

My mom had to carry me out of a showing of Snow White when I was a toddler - although I'm still not sure what scared me - it was either the Queen, the Queen disguised as a witch or the Magic Mirror. (I'm guessing it was the mirror as it seems the "spookiest".)

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer

from the original Land of the Lost. The Zarn (an interdimensional traveler) was in a couple of episodes. In one of them he had a helper robot - "Fred". It was just show's producer's re-using a prop (the internal metal skeleton of the T-Rex models) but for some reason a big armless robot dinosaur was absolutely terrifying to me.

The oldest memory I have is a nightmare where that stupid thing was standing over me in my bedroom when I was something like 5 years old.

Tomato Necromancy - now with Vitamin R!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65140

Gmork from The Neverending Story. The way he says "if you come any closer, I'll rip you to shreds" still gives me chills when I think about it.