The Old Man (Jeff Bridges)

Tools    

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”

They peed on his rug and now he’s going to make them pay.

He thought he’d left the past behind.
But revenge can’t wait forever.

It’s a series!

I thought the same thing, it looks like a film. Wonder if it’s gonna be a “limited series”, 6-8 episodes maybe.

According to IMDB there are 7 episodes in the series.
Great cast. Looking forward to it with fingers crossed. I'll watch anything with J. Bridges in it. He's only 72, and his lymphoma is reportedly in remission from treatment, so hopefully we'll see "The Dude" in several more productions.

Excited to see this - looks like classic no nonsense Bridges.

According to IMDB there are 7 episodes in the series.
Great cast. Looking forward to it with fingers crossed. I'll watch anything with J. Bridges in it. He's only 72, and his lymphoma is reportedly in remission from treatment, so hopefully we'll see "The Dude" in several more productions.
SO thrilled to hear that he is in remission...one of my favorite actors. I also will watch anything Bridges is in.

Just a coincidence this starts the week of Father’s Day? 👀

Carol n’ Dave, Carol n’ Dave.
Man oh man, Carol n’ Dave!

Watched the first two eps last night. This is a high quality series with excellent acting, especially by Jeff Bridges. And to include both John Lithgow and Amy Brenneman in the cast doubly enhances the series.

The general story is not all that unique, but the technical aspects, along with innovative writing, production design, and photography really set this series apart.

I'm going to wait until the 4th ep is out so that I can watch 3 & 4 together. Two eps are my minimum watching time for a series.... Bridges will get an Emmy for this one.

Watched the second episode and saw Judging Amy and Ali Shawcat are in this. Unless Shawcat did this just to work with certain actors, she must have a meaty part.

The one guy really nailed his Lithgow impersonation.

This was right under our noses the whole time!

WARNING: "Not even gonna hint, but this is a unsubstantiated, highly speculative spoiler that makes too much sense to be wrong" spoilers below
Emily, the daughter, is actually Alia Shawcat’s character at the FBI.

1. A podcaster noted the voice on the phone reminded her of Shawcat. Maybe, maybe not.

2. Shawcat’s character was responsible for telling Lithgow that Chase’s daughter committed suicide. She nipped it in the bud immediately

3. In real life, her father is middle-eastern and her mother is a European mix, so she has the genetics for it to work. She can easily be the progeny of the Chase couple and their different ethnic backgrounds.

Halfway thru the first episode and loving it. Starting to believe now a limited series is the highest form of cinematic entertainment.

Halfway thru the first episode and loving it. Starting to believe now a limited series is the highest form of cinematic entertainment.
Yes, and it sure beats most of the crapolla movies that are being put out...

The Suburban scene would be at home in any spy/thriller movie.

Finished episode 4. Everyones doing a better job in this than anything theyve done in recent memory. Even Amy Brenneman who is making her Goliath performance look phoned-in compared to this one. Her not uttering any dialogue the first half of the episode and yet holding the screen with Bridges is impressive. Hell I even like the Dogs.

Went and watched eps 3&4 with my old man

Today was a weird sleep day and I was kinda dragging midway through ep 3. These two eps didn’t really strike me like the first two. Seems to be getting a little dense with “who did what to who and when”. Surprised they made the reveal as soon as they did, but I guess it had to be done in service of the story.

I haven’t seen the final episode, but this feels like a movie idea that got stretched into a show.

I’ve enjoyed it for the most part, but it may have been better as a movie.