Best Home Invasion Movies?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
There was a foreign b&w movie and even though they were trespassing, it wasn't the cliched "tie-em-up" or someone escaping with a secret key - I'm looking for realism with a great script... This story in particular was these three people who said they had no place to go, and since the homeowners had absconded with the funds of hard-working, they would just use what was necessary..

Usually the "action" ones are awful. I tend to like the minimalist, well paced drama without sensationalism. To me, it's the writing and the acting (doesn't have to be a big-budget or famous actors).. Don't care what language it's in.

Doesn't have to be from this list, but I don't wanna start on the 1980s until I've seen enough older ones - I like to work chronologically... "The Desperate Hours" with Bogart is a decent example.. Funny Games is not a good example of this, but the first hour was interesting and fun.. Unfortunately, the IMDB recommendations are awful, and usually just other movies by the actor or director.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...home_invasions

P.S. - Thanks again -- I've seen many great movies because of you all.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

You can't win an argument just by being right!

Mother's Day (2010)
Probably the only genre that frightens me. This was brutal and Rebecca De Mornay was excellent. The whole cast was.

I posted Funny Games faster than a bolt of lightning, but in my excitement I failed to read the post. I blame my enthusiasm.

Wait Until Dark would be my pick. It holds up, and ages like fine wine imho.

However, I would say that Funny Games would be my pick for "the best home invasion movie" because it tackles a good deal of topics left on the table in most movies in general.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I posted Funny Games faster than a bolt of lightning, but in my excitement I failed to read the post. I blame my enthusiasm.

Wait Until Dark would be my pick. It holds up, and ages like fine wine imho.

However, I would say that Funny Games would be my pick for "the best home invasion movie" because it tackles a good deal of topics left on the table in most movies in general.
Which Funny Games and have you seen both, Kiss?

Of course The Purge (all 3), The Strangers, You're Next, Sleep Tight and I could go on.. but thats it for now..

These are still my favorites tho..

the purge

Which Funny Games and have you seen both, Kiss?
I have. I prefer the original, but not by much. As much as I like the actors in the remake, I felt like the performances in the first had more weight.. and also because they were unknowns to me at the time. Arno Frisch's "Paul" also had more menace and stink to him, a performance that oozes with terror and charm(?).

Thanks. Small world indeed. That one did well, it was probably my favourite in terms of film content.

http://www.tasteofcinema.com/2014/25...cal-thrillers/

I think this one is still featured on its main site page after a few years.
Some amazing films there. 19, 20 and 21 are all in my top 25 movies of all time. Plus a few others.