Heat (1995)

→ in
Tools    

The hotel escape is fine actually, Neil is dressed as Hotel employee/security and sets off fire alarm creating disorder and a crowd of people to merge with. Basically a well planned and executed evasion.

He doesn't actually get away with it though, he is seen at the Hotel car park, is chased and killed.
"Escaping" from the hotel and getting killed at the end are two different scenes.

Well executed plans are boring. There isn't one well executed plan in this whole movie up until the hotel scene. The most exciting action scenes are almost always ones where something goes wrong. It happens in every other action scene in this film. It happens in every other great action film in any movie I can think of. The goal is to make things challenging for the character, not easy.

What SWAT team? It takes a while to sort that out you know, Neil was in and out quick in what 5 minutes ish? The Police presence outside would just be first responders met with the disorder of the fire evacuation.
There's a shot of the SWAT Team moving up the stairs - or some other special forces unit. They were just never utilized.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
I thought the ending was done perfect. To be honest the whole movie is near perfect.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

Welcome to the human race...
"Escaping" from the hotel and getting killed at the end are two different scenes.

Well executed plans are boring. There isn't one well executed plan in this whole movie up until the hotel scene. The most exciting action scenes are almost always ones where something goes wrong. It happens in every other action scene in this film. It happens in every other great action film in any movie I can think of. The goal is to make things challenging for the character, not easy.
If it had been a well-executed plan, Neil would have gotten back to the car and driven away unnoticed - which doesn't happen because Vincent spots him just before he can get to the car.

If it had been a well-executed plan, Neil would have gotten back to the car and driven away unnoticed - which doesn't happen because Vincent spots him just before he can get to the car.
Sorry. Not strong enough. There's a shot in the scene of the SWAT Team moving up the stairs but nothing ever comes of it.

In your opinion, why is it more exciting for Neal to stroll out of the hotel without any real problem instead of him being trapped in a high rise building by the SWAT Team and entire LAPD?

Welcome to the human race...
Sorry. Not strong enough. There's a shot in the scene of the SWAT Team moving up the stairs but nothing ever comes of it.

In your opinion, why is it more exciting for Neal to stroll out of the hotel without any real problem instead of him being trapped in a high rise building by the SWAT Team and entire LAPD?
I'll just reiterate what I wrote earlier:

The final showdown is meant to be between Neil and Vincent and the movie's already run for about three hours by that point so I'm glad that they don't try to drag things out even further. Him being able to get the drop on the cop who holds him at gunpoint gets that point across much faster than by spending time on having an entire team close in on him.

I can t say anything bad about this film, perfectly executed from start to finish, a classic that goes down as one of they best if not the best crime thriller in movie history alongside ofc the godfather

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I just watched it again after a long time and it's still pretty good. I wonder if the ending have been better though, if both the protagonist and antagonist, both went their seperate ways in the end?

WARNING: "SPOILER" spoilers below
What if Vincent decided to stay with his wife at the hospital, Neil gets away and goes to New Zealand, and they both go their separate ways? Both characters live somewhat happily ever after, and no need for a final confrontation. Unless that would ahve been bad?

I just watched it again after a long time and it's still pretty good. I wonder if the ending have been better though, if both the protagonist and antagonist, both went their seperate ways in the end?

WARNING: "SPOILER" spoilers below
What if Vincent decided to stay with his wife at the hospital, Neil gets away and goes to New Zealand, and they both go their separate ways? Both characters live somewhat happily ever after, and no need for a final confrontation. Unless that would ahve been bad?
Yes, that would've been a bad ending compared to what we got... like, really, really bad.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
But why though? Why does there always have to be a final confrontation, instead of both protagonist and antagonist, learning from their arcs, go their seperate ways?

But why though? Why does there always have to be a final confrontation, instead of both protagonist and antagonist, learning from their arcs, go their seperate ways?
It couldn t go otherwise,it had to be that way, the criminal escaping but not quite managing to do so

The trick is not minding
There’s a whole conversation regarding this, between them, at a coffee shop, and then a revenge arc over a betrayal that does as well.

thanks for the information

Have never understood all the love for this movie...the story is interesting and the cast is great but it seems seventeen hours long...I've tried to watch it three times and still have been unable to watch it from beginning to end.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Has anyone read Heat 2 yet?