DerekVinyard's Top 50 Best Movie Of All-Time

→ in
Tools    

I think Bluedeed is right; I would actually consider just about anything in wide release to be mainstream, especially with well known actors.

By mainstream I mean post 1980, non foreign films.
I'm not the biggest foreign film fan unfortunately but I can appreciate some of them ...

@bluedeed I think you're right too ... and I don't have a ''Ignore list'' I respect the opinion of everybody...

Camo not really but I got many movies on my watchlist and Bergman is one great director I never give a chance ...

Shutter Island is a very good movie, but no way would I rank it above The Wolf of Wall Street (or indeed several of the other titles on this list), but then this isn't my favorites list.

I hated No Country For Old Men, but I know I'm in the minority on that one.

39. The Butterfly Effect (2004)
Eric Bress & J. Mackye Gruber

''You can't change who people are without destroying who they were''

-One of the most underrated flick of all-time in my opinion. This movie is incredibly well crafted and directed , the storyline is completely awesome and the ending is perfect. This is also the best performance from Ashton Kutcher to date in my opinion and Amy Smart is very good too. A great ''underdog'' movie that I really appreciate with many very good scenes and characters.

Soundtrack :

That's a surprise, but I thought The Butterfly Effect was quite good. I enjoyed it way more than I thought I would.
it's a movie that nobody really talk about but for me this film is a blast and the ending is perfect

I think a big problem is just most people don't take Ashton Kutcher seriously. I'm with them normally, but he was good in this.
I'd already heard of this movie, but i knew next to nothing about it and had no idea that Aston Kutcher was in it until i saw the poster. I'll definitley try it now that Cricket has gave his seal of approval . His description of the sort of movies he seeks out in relation to Dead Mans Shoes; made me realize how similar our tastes are .

I think a big problem is just most people don't take Ashton Kutcher seriously. I'm with them normally, but he was good in this.
actually I'm 100% agree, Kutcher isn't a very prolific actor but the man got talent for sure and in this flick he was quite great imo !

38. Donnie Darko (2001)
Richard Kelly

''I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to''

- I rewatched it yesterday actually for my top 50 because it was near to do it and I came to the conclusion that this movie is a complete masterpiece no doubt about it. One of the most bizarre and brilliant movie that i've ever seen. The best movie of Jake Gyllenhaal career for sure and one of the best movie of the 2000's. The atmosphere and the mood of this movie is just perfect and the ending is very touching and beautiful. Definitely, a one of a kind instant classic.

Soundtrack :

I remember just liking Donnie Darko but I've really been having an urge to watch it again.
you need to rewatch it again !! it's so awesome !

yaah keep posting great thread