The MoFo Top 100 of the 1970s: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Moonraker is the best Bond. -_-
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

A system of cells interlinked
Moonraker is SO bad. I just can't stand that movie. Watch From Russia with Love and then pop in Moonraker to see how far the character, series, and mythology fall when you compare the two films. I also dislike Octopussy, but it's still not nearly as bad as Moonraker, which is one of the worst films ever made, IMO.

I dislike Octopussy more than Moonraker, and I'm not saying Moonraker is any good. At all. But I honestly thing Thunderball is poor. It's my least favourite Bond. Not that I'm a fan, of course.

Octopussy, Moonraker, and Thunderball are all definitely in the discussion for the worst. Sadly, there are no shortage of nominees, though after that many films and iterations of the character it is inevitable, I suppose, that a percentage of them are going to be stinkers.

ANYway....
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Yoda had it as his #20.

BrowningIdentity #15, and moviefan1996 #17.

Golgot had it #8, and Mark F #18. I had it as my #26. It was literally the last movie I cut from my list.

THANKS Holden!

I didn't know that was his name, but I seen Jaws ^...and I knew instantly the character. What a great Bond villain.

Thought Moonraker is not my favorite Bond film, I did see it at the theater when it first came out.

Two good 70's films on tonight in the UK. 10 Rillington Place is on BBC4 tonight at 10:15pm, while Dr Jekyll and Sister Hyde is on horror channel at 10:45pm. Betty Blue is also on Film4, but that's not a 70's film.

Two good 70's films on tonight in the UK. 10 Rillington Place is on BBC4 tonight at 10:15pm, while Dr Jekyll and Sister Hyde is on horror channel at 10:45pm. Betty Blue is also on Film4, but that's not a 70's film.
My dad's recording 10 Rillington Place - it's one I've been wanting to watch for a while, and it seems even more prominent after the death of Attenborough.

I don't understand all the hate for Moonraker. It's a solid Bond entry, I think, that probably has a far better first half than it does second, but it's still a reasonably good film, for me.

Then again, I did dislike Seven Samurai.

A system of cells interlinked
Nope, Goonraker has absolutely zero redeeming qualities; it's almost physically painful to watch for me...

10 Rillington Place is a really good flick. It was pretty much unavailable in the U.S. for far too long, so you really had to seek it out on this side of the pond. It was finally released on DVD here a few years ago, one of the print-on-demand titles, so at least it can be seen, now. It is probably the recently departed Dickie Attenborough's very best performance, and one of John Hurt's best early roles. I've had it for a long, long time on LaserDisc. The infamous true crime story is is based on won't be known by many Americans, but it's very much worth tracking down.

Even though it managed no votes for this list, not even from you Brits among us.

It's a good film, but it's hard to love. Certainly not the kind of film I'd have voted for. That said, I did put his depiction of Christie up as the creepiest performance.