Top 5 favorite Woody Allen films

Tools    

Nice to see more love for Interiors.
Always loved Interiors. Such a powerful and emotional film. It truly showed the diversity of Allen.

1. Crimes and Misdemeanors
2. Manhattan
3. Hannah and her Sisters
4. Midnight in Paris
5. Annie Hall

I've seen 12 of his films if i counted right, still got a few of his most acclaimed ones to see like Crimes and Misdemeanors.

1.Take the Money and Run
2.Mahattan
3.The Purple Rose of Cairo
4.Annie Hall
5.Midnight in Paris

1. Annie Hall
2. Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex
3. Crimes and Misdemeanors
4. Bullets Over Broadway
5. Hannah and Her Sisters

Take the Money and Run
Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex* (*But Were Afraid to Ask)
Play it Again, Sam
Sleeper
Annie Hall

I've got some pretty big gaps here, and probably some unusual opinions, but I tend to like his goofier efforts. In order, my favorites are:
  1. Sleeper
  2. Annie Hall
  3. Everyone Says I Love You
  4. Manhattan Murder Mystery
  5. Small-Time Crooks
Didn't really dig much on Manhattan, though I realize I'm probably in the minority there. There's also a pretty big gap for me between those top three and all the others.
So great to see some love for Small Time Crooks...that movie cracks me up and I think it's one of Woody's most underrated films.

I've seen 12 of his films if i counted right, still got a few of his most acclaimed ones to see like Crimes and Misdemeanors.

1.Take the Money and Run
2.Mahattan
3.The Purple Rose of Cairo
4.Annie Hall
5.Midnight in Paris
I highly recommend Crimes and Misdemeanors...brilliant film.

I'm going to be (deliberately) controversial with my #5 pick:

1) Crimes and Misdemeanors
2) Stardust Memories
3) Manhattan
4) Bullets Over Broadway
5) Celebrity

Do I actually think Celebrity is a better film than for instance Radio Days or Hannah and Her Sisters? Probably not, but I do love it quite a bit and it astounds me that I'm one of the very few people who does.

I've got some pretty big gaps here, and probably some unusual opinions, but I tend to like his goofier efforts. In order, my favorites are:
  1. Sleeper
  2. Annie Hall
  3. Everyone Says I Love You
  4. Manhattan Murder Mystery
  5. Small-Time Crooks
Didn't really dig much on Manhattan, though I realize I'm probably in the minority there. There's also a pretty big gap for me between those top three and all the others.
Nice to see some love for Small Time Crooks.

My three favorite Woody Allen movies are Midnight in Paris, Zelig, and Match Point. I don't think it's an accident that they are all very different movies. A number of his movies just blend together as one group of quality

Four and five are tricky, I guess I'll go safe with Annie Hall and Everything you ever wanted to know about sex....

Over Christmas I bought my 50th Woody Allen film. That wraps up the movies he wrote and directed plus some of his earlier films that he wrote and starred in. I still need a few that he wrote like Don't Drink the water (both versions) A Crisis inn Six scenes if it is ever released on Video, and his shorts if they are available.

I'm going to be (deliberately) controversial with my #5 pick:

1) Crimes and Misdemeanors
2) Stardust Memories
3) Manhattan
4) Bullets Over Broadway
5) Celebrity

Do I actually think Celebrity is a better film than for instance Radio Days or Hannah and Her Sisters? Probably not, but I do love it quite a bit and it astounds me that I'm one of the very few people who does.
After rewatching Hannah and Her Sisters a few weeks ago, I'd definitely put that in my top 5 as well. Stunning film. I'm curious what a rewatch of Radio Days would do to me.

1. Manhattan
2. Midnight in Paris
3. Crimes and Misdemeanors
4. Hannah and Her Sisters
5. Zelig
6. Annie Hall

I've said elsewhere I love Woody Allen's films. Manhattan is his masterpiece. I can watch Midnight in Paris over and over, and I pretty much did the first year of its release. I usually watch Hannah and Her Sisters every November, though I sort of skipped it this year, except it was on TCM or something shortly after Thanksgiving and I caught chunks of it. There's only a few of his that are a real chore to get through.

This might just do nobody any good.
1. Crimes and Misdemeanors
2. Blue Jasmine
3. Hannah and Her Sisters
4. Midnight in Paris
5. Manhattan

That grouping probably says something about me...