Old Video Games that are Awesome

Tools    

List your favorite vintage video games, all the way up until Playstation or Sega Saturn.

some of mine are;

ATARI
Yar's Revenge
Combat
Berserker
Pac-Man
Pitfall
Space Invaders
Asteroids

NINTENDO
Contra
Super Mario Bros

SEGA MASTER SYSTEM
Kung Fu
Outrun
Wonder Boy
Alex Kidd in Miracle Land
Penguin Land
Space Harrier

PLAYSTATION

Jumping Flash (deal with it!)
Battle Arena Toshinden
Tekken
Twisted Metal 2 (absolute favorite video game ever)

SEGA SATURN
Clockwork Knight

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Old games I still play occasionally.

Xcom UFO the original 1994.

Star Wars Supremacy( Rebellion) in US, 1996 or so.

Goldeneye on N64 was the GOAT!

Uncle Festers Quest. Nintendo.
Abe. Mega Drive.
Shadow Dancer. Mega Drive.
Urban Jungle/Strike. Mega Drive.
Some of my old fave games. I have the PS4 now but hardly play it.

My favorite game is CONTRA!

Let the night air cool you off
Samurai Shodown on an arcade cabinet is a better than great time. I should probably play the sequels at some point. It's fun to annoy whoever your playing with by choosing Charlotte and jabbing them with a rapier over and over again.

I need to get a piece for my Atari 2600 and then a complete Sega Master System again. I feel like Nintendo's were the Macs and Sega was the PC. Not sure exactly why. Maybe the pimp status of NES compared to the underdog, but more colorful SMS.

The People's Republic of Clogher
I need to get a piece for my Atari 2600 and then a complete Sega Master System again. I feel like Nintendo's were the Macs and Sega was the PC. Not sure exactly why. Maybe the pimp status of NES compared to the underdog, but more colorful SMS.
The NES seemed to be what the majority of the American (and thus vastly the most prominent) video games press cut their teeth on, so it's very much front and centre when nostalgia is discussed.

In Europe, Sega and Nintendo were pretty neck and neck and home computers seemed just as popular as dedicated consoles. When the NES was apparently king, I was rockin' an Atari 520 ST and moved straight from that to a Sega Mega Drive.

The NES seemed to be what the majority of the American (and thus vastly the most prominent) video games press cut their teeth on, so it's very much front and centre when nostalgia is discussed.

In Europe, Sega and Nintendo were pretty neck and neck and home computers seemed just as popular as dedicated consoles. When the NES was apparently king, I was rockin' an Atari 520 ST and moved straight from that to a Sega Mega Drive.
Was your ST like this, as far as advanced games. If this is really 1991, I had no idea the graphics and render could be so well done.

You've got red on you!
I haven't played many video games since we got an Atari in '81 or '82. I was all about Frogger and Pitfall at the time, and would occasionally break out the dial controls to play Night Driver, oooohhh

Was your ST like this, as far as advanced games. If this is really 1991, I had no idea the graphics and render could be so well done.

Yeah, the ST was great. It and the Amiga were powerful machines back then, with everything on 3.5' disc.

I got one after seeing adverts for the fully polygonal remake of Elite, which I proceeded to play for the next year.

Still the greatest game ever made.

Yeah, the ST was great. It and the Amiga were powerful machines back then, with everything on 3.5' disc.

I got one after seeing adverts for the fully polygonal remake of Elite, which I proceeded to play for the next year.

Still the greatest game ever made.
Looks like the developer was a fan of 2001?

Yeah, The Blue Danube has been a staple of the soundtrack since the game's original versions. It's so iconic that you could probably dub it over a Star Wars dogfighting scene and it'd remind you of 2001.

The C64 version:

And the modern Elite Dangerous: