Rio
The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride
Shrek The Third
The Smurfs
Shrek Forever After
Antz
Chicken Little
Planes
The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle (if eligible)
Alvin and the Chipmunks
I agree with most of those. I thought the Shrek movies were horrible, but you know they will make the countdown. However, I love Antz. Replace Antz with A Bug's Life and then you're talking. I thought the pairing of Woody Allen and Stallone worked great, and then there's Gene Hackman and Christopher Walken.

NOT WORTH WATCHING
Hercules
Antz
Both of those will make my list. I know Walt Disney has made much better movies than Hercules, but nostalgia will be the ruling factor with my choices. When Hercules came out, we were already learning about Greek mythology in school, so that probably enhanced my enjoyment. James Woods was an odd, yet perfect choice for Hades. I enjoyed the songs in the movie more than usual (especially "Zero to Hero"). And I thought the movie was funnier than most of its type.

Antz and A Bug's Life came out around the same time, but I thought Antz was the much better movie. Woody Allen is more entertaining as an ant than a human being.

If direct-to-video titles are eligible, then Batman fans should definitely give this a try:

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
GREAT

Out of these, I hope the non-underlined ones don't make it as they are mainly average:

GOOD
Robin Hood
Dumbo
The Lion King
DECENT
The Lady and the Tramp
Wreck-It Ralph
Despicable Me
Cars
Madagascar
Lilo & Stitch
Ice Age
NOT WORTH WATCHING

Despicable Me 2
Over the Hedge
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Anastasia
Space Jam (not sure if eligible)
Hoodwinked!
The Smurfs

I think these movies are way underrated. None of these are "average" or below, and they all have a chance to make my list, especially these:

Wreck-It Ralph
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Lilo & Stitch
Ice Age
Over the Hedge
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Anastasia

I watched A Town Called Panic yesterday and it was one really weird movie. I definitely enjoyed it but I don't know if I love it. I purchased a 7 day "rental" from Amazon Instant so I'll probably watch it again before the week is out.

Let the night air cool you off
If direct-to-video titles are eligible, then Batman fans should definitely give this a try:

That had a theatrical run though, so it's eligible regardless. It's enjoyable, but nothing that would make my list.

I watched A Town Called Panic yesterday and it was one really weird movie. I definitely enjoyed it but I don't know if I love it. I purchased a 7 day "rental" from Amazon Instant so I'll probably watch it again before the week is out.

What do you love these days? You don't love many films.

This movie (Waltz with Bashir) is the bomb people. Watch it.

What do you love these days? You don't love many films.
I love a lot of films, but sometimes it takes me multiple viewings to get to that point. I didn't love either Being John Malkovich or Hedwig and the Angry Inch the first time I watched them and now they're in my top ten.

I usually don't rate anything a
on my first viewing, I'll rate it a
instead if I love it that much. The only exception was 3 Women.

I'm really curious to see how the nostalgia factor plays out. For obvious reasons it's probably going to be a bigger factor with this list than others.
Well I did not like animated films when I was a kid, when I was 11 my favorite movies were stuff like Gladiator, Terminator 2, Matrix, Saving Private Ryan, Star Wars, etc. When I was a kid I liked animated TV series. Series like Saint Seya, Yu Yu Hakusho and Dragonball were my childhood favorites. Notice how all these titles feature a lot of violence. Animated films where just too tamed for my tastes.

I started loving animated films when I was around 20. Though I suspect I am a bit different from the rest of the forum in this aspect.

Both of those will make my list. I know Walt Disney has made much better movies than Hercules, but nostalgia will be the ruling factor with my choices.
Watch the stuff in my top 100. I guess nostalgia will play a smaller factor in your choices them.

Antz and A Bug's Life came out around the same time, but I thought Antz was the much better movie. Woody Allen is more entertaining as an ant than a human being.
Antz is very good, among the best CGI movies I ever watched. Didn't like Hercules though because I don't like the Disney style of making animated films (simplistic plot, characters, lighthearted tone and annoying songs).

DECENT
Porco Rosso
Heresy! Porco Rosso is among the greatest films ever made. Animated or not. Though Miyazaki said he made the movie for tired middle aged men, younger viewers and females wouldn't fully grasp it he said.

Interesting list. I noticed that I watched almost all of these but very few made my top 100 animated movies list (about 7-8 of the over a hundred films you listed). You watched very little anime films.

Heresy! Porco Rosso is among the greatest films ever made. Animated or not. Though Miyazaki said he made the movie for tired middle aged men, younger viewers and females wouldn't fully grasp it he said.
I have it underlined because I do recognise why others may like it (Same with Grave of the Fireflies). I really wanted to like it more but it just has some silly humour that I don't like about a lot of anime, the weird school girl stuff that seems kind of off putting, I just wish sometimes it was 100% serious like a lot of normal films.

And yeah, I haven't watched that much anime, just Miyazaki mainly, who I like quite a lot. My favourite is Totoro. I will try and watch the rest of his films for my list, as well as other anime titles. I have Paprika recorded which looks interesting.

The top 40 from my top 100 animated films list. One might notice that it's very different from the typical animated films western people watch because they are aimed at completely different audiences and reflect different sensibilities. I do not really like animated movies in the American conception of animation as a genre. So this basically is a top animated films list for people who don't like animated films (the closest western equivalent to most of these in terms of sensibilities, writing and target audience this would be science fiction and fantasy literature):

40. Garden of Words (2013)
39. The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (2010)
38. Akira (1988)
37. 5 Centimeters Per Second (2007)
36. Millennium Actress (2001)
35. Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha: The Movie 2nd A's (2012)
34. Sky Crawlers (2008)
33. On Your Mark (1995)
32. The Old Man and the Sea (1999)
31. Evangelion 1.0 (2007)
30. Patlabor 2 (1993)
29. Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Overture to a New War (1993)
28. Adolescence of Utena (1999)
27. Wings of Honneamise (1987)
26. Evangelion 2.0 (2009)
25. Howl's Moving Castle (2004)
24. Taiyou no ouji Horusu no daibouken (1968)
23. Children Who Chase Lost Voices (2011)
22. Urusei Yatsura 2: Byûtifuru dorîmâ (1984)
21. Legend of Galactic Heroes: My Conquest is a Sea of Stars (1988)
20. Mobile Suit Gundam film trilogy (1981)
19. Galaxy Express 999 (1979)
18. Ghost in the Shell (1995)
17. Rurouni Kenshin: Trust and Betrayal (2000)
16. Lupin the 3rd; Castle of Cagliostro (1979)
15. The Wind Rises (2013)
14. Gurren Lagann film compilation (2009)
13. Gunbuster (1988)
12. Whisper of the Heart (1995)
11. The End of Evangelion (1997)
10. Only Yesterday (1991)
9. Grave of the Fireflies (1988)
8. Kiki's Delivery Service (1989)
7. Castle in the Sky (1986)
6. Porco Rosso (1992)
5. Spirited Away (2001)
4. Princess Mononoke (1997)
3. My Neighbor Totoro (1988)
2. Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (1984)
1. Puella Magi Madoka Magica film compilation (2012)

Note: (13) and (17) are direct to video miniseries of 6 and 4 half hour episodes each, they are listed on criticker as movies though (since they are a linear narratives and can be watched on a single day).