How should a MoFo Top Animated Films list work?

Tools    

I think a distinction should probably be made between animation, and CGI that's trying to replicate photorealism. Because some films have enough CGI in them that they'd probably technically qualify, even though nobody thinks of them as animated.

Another example is Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, which is 50/50 - would that be included?
I think there's actually a lot less animation than actual photography there. Especially if you go by how much is actually on the screen at any one time.

I think a distinction should probably be made between animation, and CGI that's trying to replicate photorealism. Because some films have enough CGI in them that they'd probably technically qualify, even though nobody thinks of them as animated.
That was my same answer. I originally wrote a similar thing in my post, saying since the animation is trying to be integrated into reality, it shouldn't count. But I didn't want to answer my own question so I deleted that part. Hey, at least I didn't delete the whole post.

Yeah I agree. Otherwise movies like The Avengers, Pacific Rim and the like which are CGI heavy would count. Got to keep it separate from the likes of Frozen, Shrek, and Toy Story.

Does that list have A Town Called Panic on it? I am too lazy to check.
That is one I need to watch still. But, I'm not seeing it on the list I linked.

But there are so many great/obscure animated shorts. And shorts have been eligible for all the other lists so far. Plus I feel like very few of us would be able to put together an entire list of 25 animated shorts that we love.

Let the night air cool you off
But there are so many great/obscure animated shorts. And shorts have been eligible for all the other lists so far. Plus I feel like very few of us would be able to put together an entire list of 25 animated shorts that we love.
All the more reason to give them their own list. Maybe it would inspire people to explore them.

I would rather do a separate list for animated shorts. Maybe we can do like, a top 50 animated shorts countdown at the same time?