Recommend Me Some Movies From the 1970s

Tools    

Oh yeah not too bad Hun but not really ace. I'd watch the following if I came across them on tv : Day or the Jackal, Get Carter, The Wicker Man, Alien or Midnight Express, but wouldn't be fussed about the rest

Never watched Jaws?
No. Nor any of its sequels.

The 1970s is among the least explored decades for me (hence the creation of this thread) and I've never been a horror fan so it's not something that really piqued my interest.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
No. Nor any of its sequels.

The 1970s is among the least explored decades for me (hence the creation of this thread) and I've never been a horror fan so it's not something that really piqued my interest.
I consider it more thriller than horror.

I consider it more thriller than horror.
Yup, I've never considered Jaws a horror film. I still don't.

Hope you enjoyed Jaws, MV.

Hope you enjoyed Jaws, MV.
I did enjoy it, though perhaps not in the way Spielberg had intended. The mechanical shark was hilarious, especially when intercut with scenes of real great white sharks that were much, much smaller than it yet intended to be the same shark.

Another set of good 1970's movies that I would recommend:

Battles Without Honor and Humanity (1973)

Castle of Gagliostro (1979)

Galaxy Express 999 (1979)

Already mentioned but I think I must mention again (given that they are easily among the best of the best movies ever made):

The Mirror

Stalker

Though I think you might find these two movies rather boring. The three above are more fun though the first one is completely erratic.

Which ones have you seen?

I admit it, I only said it for this reason. I was sure I'd get a big bite from the markfish.

FTR, I've seen The Marriage Of Maria Braun and tried to watch The Bitter Tears of Petra von Kant, but I couldn't get into it.

How could I forget, Bruce Lee's films:

Perhaps among the greatest martial arts films ever produced in the Greater China Area:

Enter The Dragon

Way of the Dragon

Game of Death

Fists of Fury

Great fun. Though besides the fighting scenes they don't have great qualities.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Perhaps among the greatest martial arts films ever produced in the Greater China Area:
Well, China has been in a bit of a decline over the past century (certainly unusual for them), but I still think you should explore more, King Hu >> Bruce Lee.