Miss Vicky's 100 Favorite Movies

→ in
Tools    

Of course you'd like a movie where Kevin Spacey gets tied up.
Spacey does nothing for me.

There are a couple of movies coming up later on in which Russell Crowe spends a significant amount of time in shackles, though. Actually there are at least three of them.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
I really want to contribute to your thread Vicky but so far there has hardly been anything that I've actually seen. Although there's a few there I've been interested in for a while such as Gods and Monsters, The Ref and Of Mice and Men. I've also been meaning to watch Tuck Everlasting sometime as my mum saw that a while ago and loved it.

I really want to contribute to your thread Vicky but so far there has hardly been anything that I've actually seen.
Don't worry, I'll get to some you'll be familiar with. In fact there's at least one movie in tomorrow's set that you've seen and reviewed.

On the outside looking in.
Of course you'd like a movie where Kevin Spacey gets tied up.

85. Demolition Man (1993)

Director: Marco Brambilla
Cast: Sylvester Stallone, Wesley Snipes, Sandra Bullock, Denis Leary, Nigel Hawthorne, Benjamin Bratt, Bob Gunton, Glen Shadix

Why I Love It: It's absurd fun. Lots of humor, great action. The pseudo utopian future put forth by the film - a future of healthy food (at Taco Bell), electronic intercourse, self-driving cars, classic radio jingles instead of real music and three sea shells beside the toilet - is less paradise and more hell. No profanity? No violence? No fluid exchange?! Oh no, we can't have that! So enter a couple of muscle bound freaks to destroy everything and make it all better.

84. The Land Before Time (1988)

Director: Don Bluth
Cast: Gabriel Damon, Candace Hutson, Will Ryan, Judith Barsi

Why I Love It: Another childhood favorite. And what little kid doesn't like dinosaurs? I've always particularly adored the supporting characters Petrie, Ducky, and Spike. Cera is a little bitch and Little Foot I can do without so screw them. I also don't adore any of the countless crappy sing-a-long sequels, but the original is a classic.

83. Meet the Robinsons (2007)

Director: Stephen J. Anderson
Cast: Daniel Hansen, Jordan Fry, Matthew Josten, Angela Basett, Stephen J. Anderson, Tom Selleck, Laurie Metcalf

Why I Love It: I have a big head and little arms. No, not really. Not T-Rex proportion anyway. I really love the quirky characters and off-beat humor of this fun little time-traveling adventure.

I'm with you all the way with Demolition Man. That's big, bouncy fun that gives you a joy-joy feeling.

I have seen Meet The Robinsons because of my younger sister, and I remember thinking it was decent The Land Before Time I remember watching as a child, but can't really remember too much, I think I enjoyed it though. As I kind of said with Lilo and Stitch, it's nice to see some different animations than the usual suspects also appearing.

Arrrrrr Demolition Man, one of my favourites

Meet the Robinsons is a very entertaining kids' movie, and is in my top 5 non-Pixar animated films (counting the first three Shrek's as one). I loved The Land Before Time as a kid, but I doubt I would have much love for it now besides nostalgia. Cuckoo's Nest is great, too.

it's nice to see some different animations than the usual suspects also appearing.
This list has a lot of animation on it, so expect to see plenty more.

So much love for Demolition Man, but nobody else notices how f**king slow that movie is? I mean, it's great that Noxeema Jackson battles Sylvester Stallone, but still, it has some flaws that can never be fixed.

So much love for Demolition Man, but nobody else notices how f**king slow that movie is? I mean, it's great that Noxeema Jackson battles Sylvester Stallone, but still, it has some flaws that can never be fixed.
Oh I agree it's far from perfect and drags in places. When I started playing with the idea of redoing my list, I had intended to place Demolition Man much higher than 85, but then I rewatched it and wasn't quite as enamored with it as I had remembered being. I still loved it enough to include it though.

OH DEAR GOD! It is Malcom McDowell as Caligula! Not the fisting! Cover your bums!