The MoFo Top Animated Films List - Voting

→ in
Tools    

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
My top 10 predictions:
Up
Grave of the Fireflies (I didn't vote for it because it's so bloody depressing but it deserves to be there)
Beauty and the Beast
The Lion King
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
Frozen (God, I hope not)
At least one of the Toy Story movies
Spirited Away
Finding Nemo
Princess Mononoke

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I'll throw down a top 10 prediction,no order though:

Spirited Away
Toy Story
Toy Story 3
Wall E
Up
The Lion King
Princess Mononoke
Mary and Max
Ratatouille
Fantasia

That's what I think it will be, not what I want though.

As I said in my post last night, the countdown will begin tomorrow. I might open the thread and post the one point films tonight if there's time. Otherwise I'll post them and #100 and #99 tomorrow.

Then I'll post two a day until the top twenty, then switch to one a day until the reveal of the final two. Christmas Eve I will post four films (and none on Christmas Day) and, depending on what I have going on, I may do the same at New Year's.

The time I post the films will vary though, depending on my work schedule.

Member Lists Received So Far:

teeter_g
TheUsualSuspect
The Rodent
Guaporense
BrowningIdentity
The Sci-Fi Slob
Miss Vicky
rauldc14
The Gunslinger45
Sexy Celebrity
Hello101
Erasmus Folly
s1n1st3r
Citizen Rules
Aniko
Christine
seanc
Chardee MacDennis
Godoggo
dadgumblah
Voigan
jirraffejustin
Camo
Holden Pike
Swan
Tokeza
neiba
mlaturno
Plan B
Gideon58
Rhys
Modine
urkillinmesmalls
Sedai
CinemaJack
nostromo87
the-young-turk
Film Trash Review
the samoan lawyer
Captain Spaulding
honeykid
meatwadsprite
mark f
Thursday Next
Mistique
Derek Vinyard
WBadger
John McClane
Nausicaä
gbgoodies
Iroquois
Sane
MingUsings
kathepburn
Funny Face
MovieMeditation
BlueLion
Arcanis
Weeman
Sinny McGuffins
sara f
Tenshi
Frightened inmate No. 2
Quill
JayDee
Yoda
LinesPalsy
Jal90
Pussy Galore
Friendly Mushroom!
Cricket
Skepsis93
Cobpyth
Harry Lime
Daniel M
wintertriangles
Loner
TylerDurden99
Gatsby

Holy **** that's a LOT of people, what happened?

Holy **** that's a LOT of people, what happened?
What do you mean, what happened? I spammed the ***** out of people with PMs and got lots of people to vote. Then I posted the countdown just like raul is doing with the 50's list.

The countdown is here.

What I mean is that 2 years ago there were a TON of people participating on this lists. Or maybe it was because it's the animated one. Man, I want a HOF or a list of this again so I can join I love animations

What I mean is that 2 years ago there were a TON of people participating on this lists. Or maybe it was because it's the animated one. Man, I want a HOF or a list of this again so I can join I love animations
About the same amount participated in the 50's one. Raul was thinking of making an Animated HOF. You could always join the 11th HOF i'm hosting and nominate an animated film for it.

Omg Camou you stinky fool you are a genious! An ANIMATED film, that's it! I love animated films I need to find the perfect one! And to PM rauld too.

Also I'm impressed how many people like Monsters Inc and Princess Mononoke, I really need to watch that movie

Omg Camou you stinky fool you are a genious! An ANIMATED film, that's it! I love animated films I need to find the perfect one! And to PM rauld too.

Also I'm impressed how many people like Monsters Inc and Princess Mononoke, I really need to watch that movie
Princess Mononoke is my favourite animated film. Think Monsters Inc was in my top 5 as well.

I said what happened because it seems that before there were a lot more people that now, what's going on with that?
The 50s List got 67 voters. The Animation List got 79. The highest number of participation was for the 70s list, which got 99 voters.

I think the biggest difference is that most people have seen enough animated films to send in at least a partial ballot, whereas that might not be the case for 50s movies for a lot of people. The farther back we go with the decade lists, the smaller the amount of participation will be. Genre and other specialty lists are going to depend on the amount of interest in the subject and how hard the host campaigns for participation.