Miss Vicky's 101 Favorite Songs Of the Moment

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Well I did post "Mohammed's Radio" earlier in the thread.

"Werewolves of London" is more typical of the sort of songs he made in his career, though. Much of his music had a very apparent sense of humor to it, like in "Mr. Bad Example," "My Sh*t's F*cked Up," "Hit Someone (The Hockey Song)" and this goofy gem:

Either I missed "Mohammed's Radio" or it didn't make much of an impression on me, but I'll go back and find it, and listen to it again.

I like his voice, but some of those song titles are a bit strange. If you've been following my music thread, then you can probably tell that his music isn't really my type of music. "Keep Me In Your Heart" seems to be different from his normal type of music. (I'm basing that guess on the song titles you posted. I haven't had a chance to listen to them yet.)

I'm not sure what it is about "Werewolves of London" that caught my attention, but it's just one of those fun songs that I like to listen to every once in a while. I'm not sure how I'll feel about the rest of his songs, but I'll give them a chance and listen to them.

I listened to a few of his songs, and apparently I'm not a big fan of his novelty songs, (except for "Werewolves of London"), but when he sings a "normal" song, he has a nice voice.

The Hockey Song probably would have interested me if I was a hockey fan. I've heard a bunch of novelty baseball songs, and I usually like them. (It reminded me of Steve Goodman's "A Dying Cubs Fan's Last Request".)

It wasn't on your list, but I found his song "She's Too Good for Me" through a YouTube link, and I liked that one.

"She's Too Good For Me" is from The Wind, the same album as "Keep Me In Your Heart."

It's a pretty song, though not one of my favorites from the album. I prefer these two:

Please Stay

Prison Grove

"She's Too Good For Me" is from The Wind, the same album as "Keep Me In Your Heart."

It's a pretty song, though not one of my favorites from the album. I prefer these two:

Please Stay

Prison Grove

"Prison Grove" wasn't one of my faves, but "Please Stay" is a very nice song. He seems to have a problem hitting the high notes in that song, but it's still a good song.

"Prison Grove" wasn't one of my faves, but "Please Stay" is a very nice song. He seems to have a problem hitting the high notes in that song, but it's still a good song.
Well I imagine hitting high notes might be hard to do when you've got cancer eating away at your insides.

Well I imagine hitting high notes might be hard to do when you've got cancer eating away at your insides.

Yeah, you're probably right. I'd like to hear a cover of that song by someone with a nice voice who could hit the high notes. It would probably be a hit on country radio if the right artist recorded it.

I would very much not like to hear a cover of it. Most covers are terrible. Though a cover of one of Zevon's songs has already been a hit on country radio: "Poor Poor Pitiful Me"

Also, I think having someone else sing it would make it lose its emotional resonance for me.

I would very much not like to hear a cover of it. Most covers are terrible. Though a cover of one of Zevon's songs has already been a hit on country radio: "Poor Poor Pitiful Me"

Also, I think having someone else sing it would make it lose its emotional resonance for me.

I've heard Terri Clark's version of "Poor Poor Pitiful Me". That's a good song.

I've heard Terri Clark's version of "Poor Poor Pitiful Me". That's a good song.
It was originally a hit for Linda Rondstadt.
Warren's version is better.

It was originally a hit for Linda Rondstadt.
Warren's version is better.

Warren Zevon's version is good, but I like Terri Clark's version better. It could just be because I heard that version first. (Kind of like watching a remake of a movie.)

Yeah... I like Terri Clark (and I actually also heard hers first) but nothing beats the original. Also, Warren's studio version has Lindsey Buckingham on backing vocals. That alone makes it trump any other recordings of it.

Love The Rolling Stones, the only better music doc than Gimme Shelter is The Last Waltz imo. The song Gimme Shelter is better than any 'The Band' song though .

I liked every 20-16 song other than "Overcome" or 17 .

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
This is probably my favourite Zevon song (though your choices were good):