King Rat (1965) - Bryan Forbes

→ in
Tools    

"The film was adapted from James Clavell's novel King Rat (1962), which in turn is partly based on Clavell's experiences as an Australian POW at Changi Prison in Malaya in the latter part of the Second World War."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Rat_(film)

Comment:

I've read that James Clavell defended a sort of extreme right-wing ideology of "Survival of the fittest". I am personally opposed to his ideology but it matters not... The reason is that this man wrote stories describing the true facts, in a cold objective narrator fashion.

In a Nazi concentration camp, there were jews that killed and stole food from other helpless jews, in the same year James Clavell was a POW in a japanese camp and witnessed the australians and british POW's murdering each other for a piece of bread.

While the author himself as a man, might defend an ideology of barbarism (each man for himself), he makes no propaganda and simply describes what happens in an objective manner.

James Clavell

My trailer:

The problem with the murderous British or Australians POW's, that killed their fellow men, in order to survive...

...the problem is when Hiroxima and Nagasaki are nuked and Japan surrenders!

And then comes a british paratrooper or commando scout to liberate the camp...

The right-wing barbarism will be punished by civilized society, in retrospect.

I like to eat fried eggs, but ever since I watched this film many years ago, I feel gratefull for every fried egg that I eat, here is why: