Best superhero movie other than the Dark Knight trilogy

Tools    

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Dark Knight Rises really drops the ball from the other two. It's the Godfather 3 of Batman movies. I rewatched it recently, and it has so many glaring issues.

I love the superhero genre, and I second Watchmen being a fantastic film, as well as Kick Ass 1 and 2. I think The Avengers was the best one though.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I liked how Watchmen just turned heroes and villains inside out and totally reconstructed the genre. I remember thinking at the time that I wished more movies were like that. I also liked the artistic flare. And well, it had nudity. You know I actually can't watch that movie and not lust after Malin Akerman. I don't agree with her decision to go blonde though. But it was really the hairstyle and costume that pinched my niche nerve.

wanabe movie critique
Agree. To me, Batman is still the best.

Ironman comes in a close second.

Saw it the original one, didn't care for it - thought it was too melodramatic and hard to follow - what does the Director's Cut change that makes it so much better to you?
Honestly I can't remember specifics, but overall it is less confusing and had a few key scenes in it that helps understanding many of its subplots and the overall plot as well... It's just the best way to see the film imo. Don't watch 'The Ultimate Cut' though, as that is strictly for major fans of the actual graphic novel.

Dark Knight Rises really drops the ball from the other two. It's the Godfather 3 of Batman movies. I rewatched it recently, and it has so many glaring issues.
I'd love to hear what problems The Dark Knight Rises has that aren't present in The Dark Knight. I believe that The Dark Knight gets a pass in its flaws because Heath Ledger has such a great performance in that film.

Spider-Man 2 is the best superhero film ever made because it's the only one that really feels like a comic book brought to life. It's better than The Dark Knight. I'd say Burton's two Batman films are better than Nolan's films because they also understand what a comic book world should feel like. I enjoy Nolan's trilogy, but I think Batman Begins is the only one that feels like a comic book adaptation.

I'd love to hear what problems The Dark Knight Rises has that aren't present in The Dark Knight. I believe that The Dark Knight gets a pass in its flaws because Heath Ledger has such a great performance in that film.
Bane's death was very anti-climatic.

How did Batman survive a nuclear bomb?

Those are a couple flaws that come to mind.

He didn't survive a Nuclear Bomb...

WARNING: "TDKR" spoilers below
During the last scenes, Fox finds out the autopilot of The Bat had actually been fixed 6 months before the scene where Batman "dies", which is why Fox has such a surprised look on his face... Batman didn't die, because the autopilot was working. Technically, he didn't survive the blast, because he wasn't even there

Bane's death was very anti-climatic.

How did Batman survive a nuclear bomb?

Those are a couple flaws that come to mind.
I think the final fight with Bane was enough to overcome his demise. It's very much like Two-Face, the lead up tension with Dent and Gordon's family is the real climax while Two-Face's off screen death was just ho-hum. Plus, Catwoman blowing him away is kind of funny.

See above for bomb thing.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I prefer Hellboy, Iron Man, X-Men First Class, The Avengers, Thor and others if I think about longer to any of The Dark Knights. Nothing is better than Guardians of the Galaxy.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I haven't seen Super yet, but it's been on my watch list forever. I want to give Watchmen another chance because I didn't think to highly of it except for the Rorschach part, which I liked a lot. I haven't seen it in years, so it's possible my opinion would have changed. I don't know, though. At that time I was more inclined to like the more serious type of super-hero movie, but the older I get the more I prefer my super-hero movies to be fun and escapist rather than dark and brooding. I do like the graphic novel, but I tend to have opposite tastes in comic books and movies.

I am not a fan of Kick-Ass at all. I liked the idea of it and thought it would be something I would like, but I found it obnoxious.

I thought of a couple more I like more than TDK. V For Vendetta and Chronicle. If we are counting Unbreakable, then that one too.

I'm just bummed I have to wait two years for the next Guardians of the Galaxy. There is definitely some stuff coming up in the next two years that I'm pretty excited about. Doctor Strange!

Oh, I forgot about The Amazing Spider-Man. I also like that one better.

Well, Super is definitely better than Kick Ass, but it also has a similar feel. The sort of super hero with no powers, gritty violence, and artsy style. But Super also has stronger comedic elements than Kick Ass.

Kick-Ass and Watchmen. Two very different films but both good in their own way. Ive seen Super but didnt like it at all, Ill give it a go again some time.
Still, Dark Knight I think is much more superior. I doubt I will see a better superhero film.