What was the first film you cried at?

Tools    

The Champ (1979) starring Jon Voight, Faye Dunaway, Jack Warden, and a young Ricky Shroder.

There are so many heart-wrenching scenes in the film, and the ending will just tear you apart. I don't care how tough you may think you are, you WILL cry watching this movie. Voight and Shroder deliver the most powerful performances out of the cast.

I first watched this movie when I was around 6 or 7 and it left me sobbing. I still get choked up watching it today, and I'm 41.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Stand by me (1986)

E.T The Extra-terrestrial for me. I still cry when I see Henry Thomas' audition.

Then I cry with relief/happiness when the flower comes back to life. My son thinks I'm hilarious.

Pather Panchali (1955). I considered myself as a pretty solid guy, but this one made me cry like a baby. One of the first foreign films I ever watched. Got me hooked on movies with subtitles and black and white grainy stuff.

I think there are a lot of movies I need to rewatch after having my daughter. I see movies completely differently now, and some of the oddest things will make me tear up.

The Fox and the Hound. I distinctly remember thinking that I was too old for crying, but since I was home alone I allowed myself to bawl really loudly

As a pre-teen I would also cry before my then-favourite movie Stand by Me. That's when the fear of growing up would strike me, and I knew I would inevitably lose my friends and my youth.

The Onion Movie

***SPOILERS***

I've never cried at a movie but the closest I got was the end of "50 First Dates". When Drew Barrymore's character wakes up on the boat and doesn't know where she is then watches the tape...we find out Adam Sandler's character has been doing this every day for years and they have a child, too! Pupils were swimming a bit, but I manned up and stuffed those emotions right back down where they belong.

Based on the truth.. and lies.
First one I remember E.T as a kid. I don't even remember how the film goes but I know it was sad.

Last one I remember is dumb 😂 Click (2006) with Adam Sandler was sad what can I say, was along time ago in the theater

I'm not much of a movie crier, I only cried once or twice. The first I believe was Instinct with Anthony Hopkins when they kill the silver back gorilla. The Green Mile, Cast Away, The Pursuit Of Happyness were others. Animated, Lion King, Bambi and The Land Before Time.

Nope. Seen it too, and it touched me, but no tears.

Poor thing What about choking up or holding back tears ? Already done that at the movies ?

Everytime I watch Forrest Gump I choke on my drink at some scenes. Every - flipping - time.