Made (2001) review

→ in
Tools    

I just watched it recently, i must say for the most part it was a thoroughly enjoyable movie.

I say for the most part, because i think Vince Vaughn's acting was way over the top. Im not even sure Vince Vaughn was playing the character or just playing himself, like has done in most of his movies.

For example, on the plane when he keeps talking to the stewardess, who talks like that?? He already had a drink, yet he asked for more? And he asked if the drinks were free. I couldn't blame the lady for getting p'd off at him.

i really enjoyed Favreu's (i know i've misspelled his name) character. I felt that he really cared for his girlfriend that im guessing was a stripper for parties. and the reason he went to New York was so he could earn some money so she wouldn't have to do that sort of work anymore. And i felt like he really cared for the girlfriend's daughter, i loved the scene where he is showing her how to make spaghetti.

I really do wish anyone other then Vaughn played the other character. He carried on like someone that wasn't all there in the head department. Even the scene where they are with the girlfriend's daughter, paining ceramics, he was acting like a complete jerk to the lady

Finally some of the arguments they both had seemed to go on way too long. I felt like slapping them both and telling them to shut up.

I must say, i loved the performance of Sean Combs. He was saying things that i was thinking myself, such as Vaughn being a complete idiot. And the large African american character was very funny.

Going back to Vaughn, i have never liked him as an actor, his performances always stunk, in my opinion. I never felt like he was playing a character, just himself. In his movies at the end credits, it should say Vince Vaughn as himself. I cant stand actors that just play themselves in movie. Seth Rogan is another one of those actors. His only performance that blew me away was in the movie Brawl On Cell Block 99. He actually played someone.

Anyways, i'm curious to know what others thought of he movie.

His only performance that blew me away was in the movie Brawl On Cell Block 99.
Not to sidetrack from Made, but I wanted to echo this. Strange film, but really compelling, and I'm surprised more people haven't been talking about it.

I prefer Swingers, but this was entertaining. Peter Falk was the highlight for me, but only because Favreau and Vaughn have been better in other films. I love the Replacements so enjoyed seeing Faizon Love in another film with Favreau. P-Diddy was fine, not really a fan other than Get Him To The Greek. I bought this year's ago for a measly £5 I think, definitely worth it