Why was the tag 'Oscars too white' not considered racist

Tools    

What is your point?

If you did then you'd be "doing your part!"

They're going to make an amalgam sequel to 12 Angry Men and Starship Troopers:

Rico, Carmen, Doogie Hauser and the remaining nine kids of the Roughnecks are: 12 Angry Troopers! (guest starring Eric Idle of National Lampoon's European Vacation fame!)

That reminds me of that 1980's super pop star Boy George Michael Jackson Brown.

However, decrying any differential in the gender or race of people in any particular profession when, this century, it is more likely as not that differential is as much based on talent and/or personal choices, seems like an odd fight to pick.
I’m not picking a fight! I just don’t think the gender differential in jobs is as equal as you think, even now.

I’m not picking a fight! I just don’t think the gender differential in jobs is as equal as you think, even now.

Like I said earlier, what does it matter if there is a gender differential? Some jobs appeal more to men, some appeal more to women. That is their choice; let them make it.

Like I said earlier, what does it matter if there is a gender differential? Some jobs appeal more to men, some appeal more to women. That is their choice; let them make it.
Well I think I’ll leave it there as we have differing views
If the choice of job amongst the genders was simply a matter of it appealing or not, then I’d take that, but to me there are still in this day and age obvious social and educational barriers, that’s besides childcare commitments and class issues...and all that aside, if you look at a worldwide view then the lack of opportunities become shocking.

sorry I usually don't associate verbal with the police being called and court cases being held

sorry I usually don't associate verbal with the police being called and court cases being held
Feels like you're deliberately trying to misunderstand.

The first thing you said is about the verbal, and so were the initial replies. It was then used to branch off into related topics to explore the idea of two standards. People are naturally asking where it stops and why, and you seem to be trying to dismiss that simply because they've extrapolated the principle you've advanced. Even though that's a perfectly reasonable way to test a standard.

Sure seems like a lot of people wanna weigh in on controversial and complicated social questions, just so long as they don't have to type more than a few sentences or answer questions or read a few numbers or anything.

What really bugs me about the SJW's (by the way im apolitical, i am an 'independent' in Australia, that is mixed), is that they hypocrtical, especially the cellebrity SJW's.

For example, Lady GaGa is behind the MeToo movement, and yest she does a song with RKelly. She had to have known about his questionable activities. And yet when there is the chance to win an Oscar only then does she come out and say shes cutting ties with him.

Also, to the SJW's why do you not speak out against Saudia Arabia and its treatment of gays and lesbians? How do reconcile, being against Keven Hart no hosting the oscars for things he said 10 years ago, even though Ellen Degernerous, can forgive him and move on, even saying he should host the Oscars? Yet you cant forgive him? Can anyone tell me what someone said 10 years ago, should stop someone from hosting the oscars 10 years later. I would particularly like to hear what the thoughts are of member sof the LGBTQ community.

Also, if its okay to say that oscars is too white, why then is it beyond the pale to say that oscars too jewish, or nba too black, or any other field in which one race is dominant. Isnt it hypocritical that these same people would be beside themselves if a hashtag came out saying nba too black?

Also, why is it that noone seems bothered that certain vocations are primarily women. I dont see en up in arms crying foul that certain jobs favor the female gender.

Why cant these people, like everyone else just enjoy the oscars, and congratulate whoever wins. why do they get so obsessed with things like race and gender, and this person said this 10 years ago, so they cant host, and such and such as year was all white nominees.

Your right. Going back to the topic at hand, can anyone tell me if the Academy is supposedly racist and trying to underimine non whites from winning, how come so many african americans and people of other ethnicities have won? To win an oscar, one needs a vast makority of the acdemy of members to vote for them, or at least vote for them more than the other nominees.

So even if hypothetically a percentage of the Academy members are flaming racists that cannot stand non whites being in movies, the vast majority i would say are not, just by the past record of non whites that have won. Denzel Washington has won it twice. If they didnt want him to win twice and be considered among the all time great actors why would they give him a second oscar?

The weirdest part is that the left, the people who believe that everybody else is so racist/sexist, because they obsess and focus so much on race and gender, are the actual racists and sexists themselves.

I hope that this helps.
Thank you. My thoughts in a nutshell.

Drawing attention to something that needs to be rebuilt properly, not rehashed sloppily.

The Left is hyper-focused on identity politics. They don't seem to care who should have a job or win an award based on performance; the only thing that matters to them is diversity representation of gender and race...

Due to the left's obsession with gender and race

That is why, in the left's minds, "the Oscars are too white" is not racist (even though it actually is), but if anybody ever brought up a statement "the NBA is too black" (which is equally as racist, but equally as valid as the other statement), they would be crucified as racist by the left.

I hope that this helps.
Your post is as bigoted as Jada Pinkett Smith's claim that the 'Oscars are too white". Just like her you take your own anger and use it to paint the other side with a broad brush in a very negative way. Your post is part of the problem because you're lumping everyone who's politics are left and painting them as negative/evil. I happen to be a liberal and yet if you've read my post you can see I don't agree that the Oscars are so white.

The problem with hyper-reactions is when a group of people is labeled as all being negative or as having bad intentions it hurts society in general.

We can either be part of the solution or part of the problem. I suggest you look in the mirror...I'm proof that your claims about the left all thinking one way, is wrong.

@Citizen Rules, so you know, I'm probably more left than right, and I hope my comment didn't come off as a support generalization. I was specifically talking about obsessed radicals who spent their time damning ppl for racism when their hyper focus speaks volume about their own racist tendencies, thus back firing and embarrassing themselves.

Sorry to butt in lol.

I don't really consider myself left or right. It's not so black and white for me, and a lot of people I know, it's not as label-y as political party affiliation has wired people to think. (also a big part of the problem with humanity-labels)

@Citizen Rules, so you know, I'm probably more left than right, and I hope my comment didn't come off as a support generalization. I was specifically talking about obsessed radicals who spent their time damning ppl for racism when their hyper focus speaks volume about their own racist tendencies, thus back firing and embarrassing themselves.

Sorry to butt in lol.

I don't really consider myself left or right. It's not so black and white for me, and a lot of people I know, it's not as label-y as political party affiliation has wired people to think. (also a big part of the problem with humanity-labels)
Well said.

And I'm not disagreeing with my friend Rules as he's describing generalization. Generalization is generalization: no getting around that - it's an erroneous, ignorant and dangerous thing to engage in.

BUT... (uh-oh!) there is a distinction between disagreeing with the ideas of a philosophy (whether it's a modern prevailing political ideology or what not) and the bigotry of ethnic racism.

I'm teetering on a thin line here - so I'll declare that you're both right!
We shouldn't generalize and a whole lot of those on the Left are just bat-sh*t crazy!

You're fine, I didn't even think about your post when I made my post...other than you quoted an older post I hadn't read, so then I did read that older post. But I wasn't referring to anything you said.

You're fine, I didn't even think about your post when I made my post...other than you quoted an older post I hadn't read, so then I did read it.
I bet this conversation is making you think a lot about juror #6 in 12 Angry Men?