Kill Bill Vol. 2 movie review

→ in
Tools    

KILL BILL VOL. 2 (2004)

4.5/5! Another gem by a great director. Kill Bill Vol. 2 is all about the emotional dilemma and conflicts that result to unimaginable consequences. It is less kinetic but more satisfying. Actually, Vol. 1 is 90% style and 10% substance while Vol. 2 is 90% substance and 10% style. Totally, the two films are different, which may be the result of the split. Overall, Vol. 2 contains less action, less fight scenes, but more of backstory, depth, dialogue and better character development. Personally, l think Vol. 2 is objectively better as a movie (because it fullfills some plot holes of Vol. 1 - it looks more like a complete movie), l just didn't feel that awe while watching it... I found Vol. 1, subjectively, more impressive, archetype and enjoyable comparing to the second one, so l liked it more. If Vol. 2 did not lack in action and had less dialogue, l would give it a 5. But then again Kill Bill as a whole is a great classic story about a brutal betrayal and an epic vendetta that no cinephille or at least action fan should never miss.

I have to admit i liked vol 1 better, it had better pacing and overall feel.to it, and it was more engaging with its story

Not even a full five from the self proclaimed KIllBIllLover. You must be a tough critic.