The Movie Forums Top 100 Horror Movies

→ in
Tools    

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
I'm as excited as Sue who loves surprises from SNL

Definitely second Calvaire what a creepy arse film that was. Almost considered going Catholic again to cleanse myself. Martyrs had a similar effect on me too.
Anything Argento pre 1987. Big shout outs to The Bird with the Crystal Plumage and Phenomena in addition to the ones already mentioned.

Ginger Snaps and American Mary are faves of mine too! Would definitely check them out if looking for something a bit different. They're both somewhat flawed in different ways, but have a hell of a lot of heart and charm to them. Besides, gotta represent Katharine Isabelle

For members who don't already love the genre, Horror Anthologies (mentioned in the Intro) may help as a gateway and a fun entry to Horror. This is a subgenre in which a series of several smaller stories are connected by a shared theme or premise of the overall film. Some of the most popular Horror Anthologies include Black Sabbath (1963), directed by prominent Italian director Mario Bava. The three stories within are introduced by Horror Icon and ghoulish vampire Boris Karloff. Another is British anthology horror film Dead Of Night (1945), made just after World War II ended, and is evaluated as atmospheric, chilling and intelligent. Many horror films made decades later are said to have been inspired by Dead Of Night both in theme and visual style. A third is horror-comedy anthology Tales From The Darkside: The Movie (1990), based on the 1980s TV series. The film details a paperboy who recounts three stories to a witch who is prepared to eat him. Some well-known film talent are involved including Steve Buscemi, Julianne Moore, Christian Slater, as well as director George A. Romero and writer Stephen King. Creepshow (1982) and Creepshow 2 (1987) are two of the best, along with recent addition Trick 'R Treat (2007), featuring Sam, short for "Samhain," an ancient mystical festival in which predictions held more power. Samhain included celebrations, bonfires, and a celebration of the coming winter season. In the film, Sam is revealed as a mischievous pumpkin-like creature wearing a mask and a burlap sack. A few more horror anthologies I've seen mentioned: Tales Of Terror (1962) featuring Vincent Price, Peter Lorre, Basil Rathbone, and directed by Roger Corman, Body Bags (1993) headlining John Carpenter, Tobe Hooper, Wes Craven, Sam Raimi, and Mark Hamill, Cat's Eye (1985) with James Woods, a young Drew Barrymore, and based on Stephen King's source material, along with two examples of Asian horror anthologies Kwaidan (1964) and Three... Extremes (2004). Perhaps these will be of help, along with other recommendations made so far, for those looking to grow their interest in horror movies for the list.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Horror Anthology.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	369.9 KB
ID:	50036  

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Ugh, if this is the same Dead Girl I'm thinking about, then this movie was garbage.

Suspect's Reviews

The categories I'm most excited to explore more of are The Hammer Productions, Exploitation, and Italian Giallo films. Here's an advertising image I made in the meantime. Hehe

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	MF 100 Horror.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	381.9 KB
ID:	50056  

The categories I'm most excited to explore more of are The Hammer Productions, Exploitation, and Italian Giallo films. Here's an advertising image I made in the meantime. Hehe
Well, those are the best categories.

I won't really watch much extra for this, so I could probably send a list sooner than later.
I probably take these lists too seriously but I'll likely end up watching (well, mostly rewatching) few dozen films to get the order right.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
This countdown is gonna be epic.

All waiting and no list makes gandalf26 a dull boy.

Welcome to the human race...
I'd say it's about a
, which elevates it above "sucks" but doesn't nearly make it a worthwhile contender in my estimation.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
As I experienced genuine horror watching The Last Jedi does that count?