East Asia Corner

Tools    

Lol
The Indonesian Broadcasting Commission (KPI) sent out warning letters to 11 television stations on Tuesday for broadcasting a commercial of the online marketplace Shopee and a “Shopee Road to 12.12 Birthday Sale” program that featured South Korean girl group BLACKPINK.
Posted on the KPI's official website and reportedly signed by KPI head Yuliandre Darwis, the letter said the commercial and program failed to adhere to decency norms as stated in the Broadcasting Code of Conduct and Program Standards (P3SPS).
Lol
In response, Shopee Indonesia’s country brand manager Rezki Yanuar has released an official statement.

“It has been our main priority to put forward input from our loyal users for the company’s progress and the general comfort of our community at large, especially relating to the whole online shopping experience.

"We have learned and listened to the complaints regarding our advertisements that are often played ahead of our birthday sale campaign and we appreciate the feedback as this acts as a very useful input for our future actions. However, the aforesaid advertisement had been granted permission from the Indonesian Broadcasting Commission (KPI). We will always follow all existing regulations from every stakeholder in Indonesia and every country where we operate.

"In response to the feedback that we received, we have worked closely with all parties responsible in managing the airing time to be more appropriate to the audience as a whole. We have also learned that the KPI has sent warning letters to TV stations broadcasting our ad. In accordance with the upcoming Hari Belanja Online (Online Shopping Day) campaign, the advertisement will be replaced with our new Shopee 12.12 as per today, Dec. 11.”
Lol
The KPI sent out the warning letters after a*petition*demanding the commission stop airing Shopee BLACKPINK commercial was started by Maimon Herawati on*change.orgon Dec. 7. In her statement, she said the girl band’s outfits were too short. At the time of writing, the petition has garnered more than 101,260 signatures.

"A group of women wearing skimpy outfits. What kind of subconscious values do we want to instill in our children with this vulgar ad that flaunts*aurat*[intimate parts]? The clothes do not even cover the thighs. Movement and expression are provocative. It is really far from Pancasila values," she wrote on the petition.
Lolol
In response, a fan of BLACKPINK started a*petition*for the KPI to not stop the ad on the same day. The petition currently has garnered more than 46,800 signatures.

Indonesian K-pop fans, known for their dedication, fired back on Twitter after the KPI sent out its warning letters. The*KPI’s tweetreceived more than 800 replies, with most users denouncing its decision and declaring the commission was acting unfairly.
http://www.thejakartapost.com/life/2...-kpi-says.html

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Great. K-pop should be banned everywhere! /s

You can clearly see the KPI secretly wishes it was a J-pop group starring in the commercial instead!!!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Great. K-pop should be banned everywhere! /s

You can clearly see the KPI secretly wishes it was a J-pop group starring in the commercial instead!!!
the same kpi that had banned animu and lovely spongebob from terebi? No way!

Annual Revenue According to oricon jp
■アーティスト別トータルセールスTOP10
1.  19 billion yen - Namie Amuro
2.  10.33 billion yen - Nogizaka46
3.  7.79 billion yen - AKB48
4.(and 5th) around 6 billion yen - japanese boybands or "male idol group" some wont care about
6. 5 billion - kpop boyband
7.( to 9th) - another more of japanese boybands
10.  4.1billion yen - keyakizaka46

Quiet meh music industry, like anywhere. It's feel funny if ppl just applying japanese idol as sole "objectified woman" business when in one side it's still selling high for boring masculinity of the male counterpart lol. Capitalist selling everything.

Nogizaka-chan at tonight NHk kohaku uta gusen with Special small corner for soon to graduate nanase - and also hilarious bananaman cameo . The oni-chan lose their yearly podcast position amid the the himura scandal(a position they had since 2014), so the sudden appearance shocking their lil sis

Sweet moment and reaction, what a year nogichan-tachi!

Thursday news and gossip:

NGT48 member Maho Yamaguchi assaulted, rumored to be orchestrated by other NGT members

NGT48 member Maho Yamaguchi was assault by two men while coming home in December 2018.

The idol was on a Showroom broadcast that began to allude to the assault. It was cut off early, but the idol tweeted afterwards to explain what happened.

According to Yamaguchi, the two men assaulted her while returning home from a theater performance. The two caught her while she was entering her home and grabbed her by the face.

The two who assaulted her were a 25-year-old unemployed man and a male college student. The two were arrested by police, but ultimately let go without charges.

On January 6, Yamaguchi was supposed to appear at a handshake event. She ended up cancelling her appearance, but did not reveal why at the time.

Based on her statements, it has been speculated that another member NGT48 leaked Yamaguchi's address. Netizens theorized that a group mate had wanted to harm her. There is currently no official evidence of this at this time, though some Japanese media outlets have reported on this.

Various Japanese media outlets have reached out to NGT48's office and have not been able to get a response.
https://www.jpopasia.com/feed/25045/ngt48s-maho-yamaguchi-assaulted-by-two-men-in-december/
Seems too much for japan group-think and appeal to masculinity. Their management clearly want to cover thing under the rug. Whistleblower like her wont be last long and soon the mass will just forgot it
In other (also deleted) tweets she stated that she was very reluctant to speak about the incident, not wanting to cause trouble or drama for her group and the people that supported her through this ordeal.

Yamaguchi doesn’t want anyone to hate on the group, and understand how hard the girls work. She doesn’t want any girl to go through the same ordeal as her, which is why she wants to tell the truth. She sadly went on to say “It’s fine if it’s just me crying, but seeing everyone else cry, feel frustrated and uneasy, I want to do something about it”
Etsuro Imamura, the theater manager for NGT48, is directly being blamed for the handling of the entire situation. “Since Imamura-san’s a man, he probably just doesn’t understand the fear that we have to grow up with as women”.
https://aramajapan.com/news/ngt48-member-maho-yamaguchi-assaulted-rumored-to-be-orchestrated-by-other-ngt-members/94450/
If this just end up as publicity gimmick
In another deleted tweet, Yamaguchi went into further detail on her horrible assault. She stated that she’s always very cautious when going home alone, and on the day of the assault she checked to see if anyone was in the external corridor before entering her apartment. Seeing no one, she entered her apartment and quickly tried to close the door but a hand suddenly came out from the other side.
The man opened the door by force, and grabbed Yamaguchi by the face so hard she almost fell to the floor. While desperately trying to shove him away she thought to herself “If I give up now, I’m gonna get myself killed“.
As she was about to really try and fight him off, the second man appeared from an opposite side (which just so happens to be in the direction of where another member lives). The second man tried to pin her down, but she started to scream for help. He promptly covered her mouth with his hand.
As this was going on they were all started by the sound of the elevator which diverted their attention, allowing Yamaguchi to escape from them and head towards the corridor. She was unable to contact police right away as her cellphone was stolen. The men were eventually detained by police, and charged with assault. As of her making the tweets he has already been released.

https://kotaku.com/japanese-pop-idol...tta-1831635692
Maho Yamaguchi is a member of Niigata-based idol group NGT48, a sister group of AKB48. Two men have been arrested for allegedly assaulting her. Yet tonight, it was Yamaguchi who apologized.
Only in japan when you voicing your right as victim you also must apologise for that. At least there public outcry after calling for justice. While it may not bring some cultural revolution, I hope its doesnt just end up as damage control gimmick
#justiceformahohon

more english language outlets has covered the news
Outrage erupts online in Japan after assaulted NGT48 pop idol apologizes for 'causing trouble'
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20...zes-assaulted/
A J-Pop Star Apologized for 'Causing Trouble' After Speaking Out on Her Alleged Assault
http://time.com/5500110/japan-j-pop-assault-apology/

Japanese management company official fired over poor management of NGT48 pop idol Maho Yamaguchi’s home assault case
https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/east-...-pop-idol-maho
late move by the mgmt consider there already speculation circulated, sparked witch hunt among the fans. what i read briefly in other message board that some sponsors already conceal/reconsider their support. seems it will take time for fixing the tarnished reputation

dmn, necro!!
now i feel how stupid the thread is even just for a threat against boredom.
Wow, this is some next level weabooism. Seriously, reso, watch something American for a change.
hey, watch your elitist mouth. I did!!
Or ""I used to watch american. I still do. But I used to, too."

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right

She's an angel who came to Earth to make our lives better. (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)

She's a devil who came to Earth to make our lives lewder. (͡ ͡° ͜ つ ͡͡°)

But he's God himself who came to Earth for us to bask in his glory! (☼ ͜ʖ☼)

oh my god its so moving, that is what i need in my life T<T
but i dont care though.
coz im still waitng... for the sun