Plan B: My Top 100 Favorite Movies of All Time

→ in
Tools    

4. Seven Samurai (1954)

"This is the nature of war. By protecting others, you save yourself. If you only think of yourself, you'll only destroy yourself."

3. The Godfather: Part II (1974)

"There are many things my father taught me here in this room. He taught me: keep your friends close, but your enemies closer."

2. 12 Angry Men (1957)

"It's always difficult to keep personal prejudice out of a thing like this. And wherever you run into it, prejudice always obscures the truth. I don't really know what the truth is. I don't suppose anybody will ever really know. Nine of us now seem to feel that the defendant is innocent, but we're just gambling on probabilities - we may be wrong. We may be trying to let a guilty man go free, I don't know. Nobody really can. But we have a reasonable doubt, and that's something that's very valuable in our system. No jury can declare a man guilty unless it's sure."

Recently watched The Godfather for the first time and it's already in my top ten. I was missing a lot, lives up to all its hype. Great pick.

And #17 is too low.

Recently watched The Godfather for the first time and it's already in my top ten. I was missing a lot, lives up to all its hype. Great pick.

And #17 is too low.
Have you seen the others? The second one is just as good and some may argue that it's even better than the original.

I pretty much love all of your latest entries, but Gone With The Wind, Unforgiven, Taxi Driver,Once Upon a Time in the West,Lawrence of Arabia and both Godfathers in particular .

You have classic tastes with a little bit of flair thrown in. I have seen a lot of top 100s on here and don't comment on them because there are always a number of movies that are either ludicrously bad or not to my taste. Your list is very refined. I loved the inclusion of Blackfish. It was an inspired touch. Brilliant quote under the movie Boyhood. Finally someone who likes Linklater as much as I do. He gets very little love on this site.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Too classic a taste. Needs moar arthouse.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Your top 10 is very hit and miss for me, but when it hits? It's pure gold.

Congrats on finishing your list.

97. The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)

"Just because I cannot see it, doesn't mean I can't believe it!"

96. The Lego Movie (2014)

"Darn, darn, darn, darny-darn!"

95. The Killing Fields (1984)

"The wind whispers of fear and hate. The war has killed love. And those that confess to the Angka are punished, and no one dare ask where they go. Here, only the silent survive."
The Killing Fields was an amazing movie, though it doesn't have a lot of re-watch appeal...I thought it was a great film, glad I saw it, but have no desire to ever see it again. It was a very difficult film to get through though it was worth it.