Plan B: My Top 100 Favorite Movies of All Time

→ in
Tools    

Great list so far Plan B . You have posted too many for me to list all the ones i did and didn't like, but i will say that i've enjoyed at least one from every set .

64. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)

"Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it. It began with the forging of the Great Rings..."

63. The Iron Giant (1999)

"You don't have to be a gun. You are what you choose to be. You choose. Choose."

62. Fargo (1996)

"So that was Mrs. Lundegaard on the floor in there. And I guess that was your accomplice in the wood chipper. And those three people in Brainerd. And for what? For a little bit of money. There's more to life than a little money, you know. Don'tcha know that? And here ya are, and it's a beautiful day. Well. I just don't understand it."

61. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)

"Why do I fall in love with every woman I see who shows me the least bit of attention?"

60. Dog Day Afternoon (1975)

"He won't listen to anybody. He's been very crazy all summer. Since June he's been trying to kill me."

59. Die Hard (1988)

"'Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs...'"

58. The Departed (2006)

"When you decide to be something, you can be it. That's what they don't tell you in the church. When I was your age they would say we can become cops, or criminals. Today, what I'm saying to you is this: when you're facing a loaded gun, what's the difference?"

57. Before Sunset (2004)

"Memory is a wonderful thing if you don't have to deal with the past."

56. The Artist (2011)

"The world is now talking."

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I'm one of the few who finds Eternal Sunshine mediocre, but then again I can't for the life of me understand why others don't think all my favorites aren't wonderful. Very good list so far.

55. Argo (2012)

"If I'm going to make a fake movie, it's going to be a fake hit."

54. Aladdin (1992)

"Genie, you're free."

53. Airplane! (1980)

"Do you like movies about gladiators?"

52. 12 Years a Slave (2013)

"I apologize for my appearance. But I have had a difficult time these past several years."

51. The Wizard of Oz (1939)

"We're off to see the Wizard, the Wonderful Wizard of Oz!"

50. The Wild Bunch (1969)

"If they move, kill 'em!"

49. Up (2009)

"I was hiding under your porch because I love you."

48. Toy Story 3 (2010)

"Now Woody, he's been my pal for as long as I can remember. He's brave, like a cowboy should be. And kind, and smart. But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what."

47. The Terminator (1984)

"Come with me if you want to live."

46. Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)

"Remember... the Force will be with you, always."

45. Sling Blade (1996)

"You will be happy."

44. The Silence of the Lambs (1991)

"Believe me, you don't want Hannibal Lecter inside your head."

43. The Shawshank Redemption (1994)

"Remember, Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."

42. Saving Private Ryan (1998)

"I feel how weak and fruitless must be any words of mine, that would attempt to beguile you from the grief of a loss so overwhelming. But I cannot refrain from tendering to you the consolation that may be found in the thanks of the republic they died to save. I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anger of your bereavement and leave you only the cherished memories of the loved lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom."

41. Jaws (1975)

"You're gonna need a bigger boat."

40. How to Train Your Dragon (2010)

"Killing a dragon is everything around here."

39. Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

"It's time we stand up for what is right."

38. The Grapes of Wrath (1940)

"I wouldn't pray just for a old man that's dead, 'cause he's alright. If I was to pray, I'd pray for folks that's alive and don't know which way to turn."

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
63. The Iron Giant (1999)

"You don't have to be a gun. You are what you choose to be. You choose. Choose."

I watched The Iron Giant recently for the animation list, and I was surprised at how much I liked it. I expected a much more childish movie.