Pets

Tools    

I think it's a beautiful thing you're doing for the cats @cricket. And you certainly can' t be expected to keep all ( or any ) of the cats you so generously rescue. Besides it is obvious you are also running an air bnb for dogs.

But....but.....but....will this cat have to live in a barn??? Instead of a nice warm, tastefully appointed kitchen countertop with central heating and no splinters? Sigh , Not really my business, but ah.....what does Mrs.Cricket say? I guess if she's good with it, so am I but, I have to admit I've been looking forward to seeing more of TomTom and following
his ' domestication' - are ya sure he's not snuggling up to the missus?

I think it's a beautiful thing you're doing for the cats @cricket. And you certainly can' t be expected to keep all ( or any ) of the cats you so generously rescue. Besides it is obvious you are also running an air bnb for dogs.

But....but.....but....will this cat have to live in a barn??? Instead of a nice warm, tastefully appointed kitchen countertop with central heating and no splinters? Sigh , Not really my business, but ah.....what does Mrs.Cricket say? I guess if she's good with it, so am I but, I have to admit I've been looking forward to seeing more of TomTom and following
his ' domestication' - are ya sure he's not snuggling up to the missus?
She has come around to agree with me. He would have access to the house as well and be an indoor and an outdoor cat. It's just that outdoors he would have a lot of land and a barn with other nice animals instead of the coyotes that I have in the woods.

I bought a couple steaks when I went shopping, just like every week. During work my wife decided to cut them up and make a stew for the dogs in the crockpot, telling me I could have leftover pasta or a frozen pizza. But when she put down a plate for them, they weren't interested. Now she tells me I can have it just put some hot sauce in there.

Prob no one remembers but I had a lovely GSD called Shep. He died suddenly at home a few weeks ago, I believe he had a stroke. He was an old lad of twelve and a half, so a good old age for a GSD, but man do I miss him. It’s the first time in 35 years we’ve not had a dog around the house and I’m still looking out for him as I open the front door

So sorry Christine.
Thanks Chris. Quite an appropriate poster as he wasn’t wanted and we found him. A couple had bought him at a pub we did stocktaking in, at nearly one year old they were going to get rid of him as they couldn’t handle him (read instead they never trained him in any way so he was virtually out of control - terrible manners and really hard to walk on the lead) . Being brave we took him in and turned him into a lovely dog although he did suffer some psychological damage as we were told years later that they’d locked him in cupboards when he was tiny.

So sorry to hear about the passing of your dog, @christine. The way you took him in was brave and kind, and I have no doubt he knew what an unexpected blessing you were to him. Glad you posted the photo. Shep has the open, friendly look on his face of a steadfast loyal companion. Always keep a good memory of your animal friend.

Thank you @lenslady Shep certainly was a loyal dog, he was a magnificent looking dog in his prime too. He was a great shepherd too, if I took him and both of my sons little dogs out, he’d round them up and wouldn’t let them go too far. Look at the stay in your place look he’s giving Harley!

A system of cells interlinked
Jeez, so sorry to hear this. RIP Shep!

Being brave we took him in and turned him into a lovely dog although he did suffer some psychological damage as we were told years later that they’d locked him in cupboards when he was tiny.
Sick bunnies. There’s a big hoarding case here right now (forget which state) of GSDs being abused.

So sorry for the loss of Shep. Beautiful dog. I grew up with “Alsatians”.

There are thousands of wee puppies in UK shelters waiting for a home Christine.

Thanks @Sedai and @Stirchley - I’m biding my time. I said I wouldn’t have another dog after Shep. We’ve had three GSDs over 35 years and I just feel like we’re too old to have such a big dog now.

Yes I could Stirchley, but I have 2 sons living close by and I’ve been walking their dogs. I often have one of them all day or all weekend as they’re fond of going off on weekend breaks. I know it’s not the same as having my own dog but it’s also quite nice not having responsibilities. We said we wouldn’t get another dog but neither son believes us!

I had 3.5 days off of work. I intended to spend it watching movies for the 18th MoFo Hall of Fame, but instead I spent it sleeping, cleaning up, and turning this disaster:

Into this:

That looks good MV, is there no fish in your aquarium? Or are they just hiding? BTW your photos remind me I need to clean my aquarium too.
I replaced the entire tank because the old one had scratches in the glass that were bothering me. I took the second photo before I put the fish back. You just can't see them through the plants in the first one. This tank houses White Clouds and a few Amano shrimp.

I replaced the entire tank because the old one had scratches in the glass that were bothering me. I took the second photo before I put the fish back. You just can't see them through the plants in the first one. This tank houses White Clouds and a few Amano shrimp.
You know the last photos you posted of your aquarium inspired me to start working on my aquarium. I'm still working on it, the plants were doing better but then I neglected to fertilize them and they've not really grown. We're snowed in here so I'm not going anywhere so I'll try to post some pics of my tank, I've been meaning to do that.

You know the last photos you posted of your aquarium inspired me to start working on my aquarium. I'm still working on it, the plants were doing better but then I neglected to fertilize them and they've not really grown. We're snowed in here so I'm not going anywhere so I'll try to post some pics of my tank, I've been meaning to do that.
Looking forward to it. The pics you posted last time were really gorgeous.