22nd Hall of Fame

Tools    

So I just tried to watch Genocide on my TV and the video file froze up the blu-ray player and I couldn't shut it off or use any of the remote controls. It just kept trying to load the movie. Finally I had to pull the power cord to get it unfrozen.

Hmm, I still can’t find it in my phone but I will check my laptop to see if it’s available!

If this proves too difficult for some, I am not adverse to changing my nomination to make it easier for all to view.
This should be fun for all involved, and I know from recent experience that quality on the net can hinder the progresss. I don’t want to take away from everyone’s enjoyment, afterall.
I have no issue with doing so. Just let me know.

I say change it...it was a good idea but the only affordable copy I can find online is...VHS

https://www.ebay.com/itm/18425095645...wAAOSwz2Vek6i0

The trick is not minding
Ok guys. A nomination shouldn’t be difficult to hunt down to view, so I’ll change my nomination to one that’s more easily accessible.
I apologize for the issue. Give me a few to think of a suitable nomination.

Ok guys. A nomination shouldn’t be difficult to hunt down to view, so I’ll change my nomination to one that’s more easily accessible.
No worries, thanks for being cool about it...and it was a very interesting nom.

Thank you, and sorry😭 I will see if I can ever watch that when it is available since it does look fascinating! (Or maybe if it ever becomes available you can nominate in a future HoF)

I would like to watch Dronningen next if someone has a link for me
This post and W19’s nomination tracking difficulties does make me wonder how easy or hard it will be to get a hold of my nom.

It won a lot of international prizes though, including a Sundance award, so I’m thinking it should be available somewhere to rent or stream or something like that...

I say change it...it was a good idea but the only affordable copy I can find online is...VHS
We've still got a working VHS player hooked up to an old CRT tv that is out in the living room (but off to the side). That said, I don't remember the last time I watched a VHS tape haha.

This post and W19’s nomination tracking difficulties does make me wonder how easy or hard it will be to get a hold of my nom.
This reminds me that I didn't track down your nomination after. Other than Genocide, it was the only one I didn't immediately find, but I haven't thoroughly searched for it yet so I'm not concerned. I'll take a look later today.

New replacement nomination: Waco The Rules of Engagement (1997)
The previous nomination was a little more appealing to me, but this new one is on Youtube, so it should be much easier for everyone to watch.

I haven't written anything about it yet, but I'd just like to apologize in advance for my review of The Last Picture Show. I watched it yesterday afternoon, and it's just not for me. Sorry Raul.

This reminds me that I didn't track down your nomination after. Other than Genocide, it was the only one I didn't immediately find, but I haven't thoroughly searched for it yet so I'm not concerned. I'll take a look later today.
I found some links. If they don’t work try to directly search for them on the given platform. It might be a regional thing if the links don’t work. Actually I would probably recommend you go to each platform and search for the movie yourself (Queen of Hearts). Perhaps to ensure that english subtitles are available.

YouTube

PrimeVideo
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ustwatch09-20*
OR
https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/deta...dp_share_cu_r*

And it seemed to be available through the likes of iTunes/AppleTV, Direct tv, Google Play and Vudu.

That Youtube link is just saying "video unavailable" but if I go to the same video via the search bar, it prompts me to log in and correctly shows the trailer with the option to rent or buy it. Weird that the direct link doesn't work, but at least the film is indeed there haha.

It is unfortunately not available on Prime Video here though.

I've literally never heard of Vudu before. Apparently it's blocked outside the US anyway, which would probably explain why haha.

That Youtube link is just saying "video unavailable" but if I go to the same video via the search bar, it prompts me to log in and correctly shows the trailer with the option to rent or buy it. Weird that the direct link doesn't work, but at least the film is indeed there haha.

It is unfortunately not available on Prime Video here though.

I've literally never heard of Vudu before. Apparently it's blocked outside the US anyway, which would probably explain why haha.
I have two links: one has English subs but is poorer video quality. The other is HD quality but you have to add your own subs in. I also looked and found two files for English subs. If anybody needs these let me know.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Genocide is on Amazon to rent for me, but maybe there are different movies in different countries. Is it officially being replaced with Waco: The Rules of Engagement? Queen of Hearts is also on Amazon.

I can't get hold of State of Siege anywhere, it doesn't seem to have been released on region 2 dvd and isn't on streaming anywhere. Any ideas?