R.I.P. Diana Rigg

Tools    

Sad - loved her as M Appeal in The Avengers

Requiescat in pace Diana

Her character and her acting on Game of Thrones is ASTOUNDING. Every time she were on screen she stole the show completely. Unfortunately I never knew her much by name and actually didn’t know she was the one playing that character. For that alone though I can still truly say what a loss. Even at old age she was knocking it out of the park.

I fell in love with Emma Peel before I was in high school. Absolutely LOVED her on The Avengers...she WORE that black leather jumpsuit and I loved watching her kick bad guys' asses every week. The episode where she left the show had me in tears and I tried to give Linda Thorson a chance, but the show was not the same without her. In 1969, I saw her play Helena in a production of A Midsummer Night's Dream on CBS. Helen Mirren played Hermia, but Rigg was really the only thing I remembered about it. She even managed to rise above the muck of the 1977 screen version of the Stephen Sondheim musical A Little Night Music. Dame Diana was a class act...there was no one like her and there will never be. Show business won't be the same. RIP, Dame Diana.

Cheers Mrs. Peel, you'll always be needed.

Her character and her acting on Game of Thrones is ASTOUNDING. Every time she were on screen she stole the show completely. Unfortunately I never knew her much by name and actually didn’t know she was the one playing that character. For that alone though I can still truly say what a loss. Even at old age she was knocking it out of the park.

Diana Rigg spent her entire career blowing everyone off the screen. Anyone doing a scene with her had to step up their game, for all the good it did.