Coronavirus changes that you will continue to adopt ...

Tools    

even when (and if) we get through this pandemic.

I was thinking about this in church yesterday. (Yes, my mind wanders horribly.)

For sure I will always use hand sanitizer in future. Never ever gonna change that now. And I will never stop being vigilant about using it coming & going from stores, church, etc.

I might even continue mask wearing. I always thought Asians were nuts for wearing masks pre-coronavirus, but they were right to do so.

What about you? Any permanent changes for you?

Probably working from home a couple of days a week, since I have the option and I've found it pretty enjoyable when not constant (going in occasionally is very helpful on many different fronts).

⬆️ Definitely a lot of people are gonna do this or want to do this. It’s gonna change the entire concept of “going to work”. Some good changes, some very bad. Fewer lunch crowds are hurting restaurants, parking lot attendants are losing their jobs, all kinds of impact.

@Yoda, how is your hand?

The Adventure Starts Here!
I'm going to stay in my house as much as possible and not come in direct contact with other humans.
Oh wait, I already did that.

Actually, I will probably continue to use the Walmart grocery pickup feature... and Instacart/Aldi delivery service... and Amazon Pantry. I can easily "shop" on Walmart's pickup site in minutes, even late at night, and then just pop over to the store and let them load everything into my car for me. So easy, and it doesn't cost anything extra. I started out concerned that maybe I'd get terrible produce/fresh veggies, etc., but I have been amazed at the stuff they pick out. Top notch, the best stuff. It's a complete time-saver for me compared to meandering around the actual store.

And yes, @Yoda, how IS your hand??

You ready? You look ready.
I will continue to despise humans.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Good topic!

Let's see, Coronavirus changes that I will continue to adopt...

Mostly my life is the same as it was, except I wear a mask, eye protection and gloves when I go out. One thing that changed is I won't be eating out ever again or even buying fast food. Not that I did that much, but it cost too much anyway so now that I'm in the habit of not doing it, it's out. Oh and picking my nose while driving, that's out too!

Actually, I will probably continue to use the Walmart grocery pickup feature... and Instacart/Aldi delivery service... and Amazon Pantry. I can easily "shop" on Walmart's pickup site in minutes, even late at night, and then just pop over to the store and let them load everything into my car for me. So easy, and it doesn't cost anything extra. I started out concerned that maybe I'd get terrible produce/fresh veggies, etc., but I have been amazed at the stuff they pick out. Top notch, the best stuff. It's a complete time-saver for me compared to meandering around the actual store
Only used Instacart when I have been sick & alone & couldn’t make it to the end of the street convenience store.

I don’t go often to the supermarket, but I still prefer to go myself.

Glad this is working for you and, no doubt, many others are doing what you are doing & will continue to do so.

I will continue to despise humans.
LOL.

Mostly my life is the same as it was, except I wear a mask, eye protection and gloves when I go out. One thing that changed is I won't be eating out ever again or even buying fast food.
I always forget gloves. And I have boxes of them. Annoying. And I forgot my mask too this morning.

Interesting that you won’t eat out again. I dare say many other people won’t either.

Hand's decent, thanks for asking. Still pretty stiff, but they warned me the swelling would take weeks to go down. Not much pain or anything, except in the knuckles, even in the finger next to it since I've had to grip things with that finger a lot more. That's basically the only thing: tightness in the finger, sore knuckles, and a weird grip. But moment to moment there's not a lot of pain or discomfort any more.

We've eaten out a few times. Those places have made a bunch of changes: paper disposable menus, employees all wearing masks and/or gloves and/or face shields, every other table not in use, stuff like that. We've felt safe eating in places that adopt these sorts of policies. But we don't do it often.

We've done the fast food drive-thru thing about the same amount as before, especially when it was the *only* option if you didn't want to cook. And I hate cooking, so...

Last night we ordered contact-free delivery of pizza. That's crazy-easy -- just order online and include the tip, leave instructions about how/where to put the pizzas, and it all shows up a half hour later on your front porch.

Our numbers here are fairly low, so I just don't feel overly concerned and will continue to wear masks where asked and follow the protocols in place at various places of business.

The biggest annoyance here is that the local post office (where we rent a post office box) now has curtailed its 24/7 access to its lobby, so we can only get our mail during their reduced hours, which includes *no* evenings and not at all on Sundays. Still trying to remember that since we used to check routinely in the evenings and weekends.

Last night we ordered contact-free delivery of pizza. That's crazy-easy -- just order online and include the tip, leave instructions about how/where to put the pizzas, and it all shows up a half hour later on your front porch.

The biggest annoyance here is that the local post office (where we rent a post office box) now has curtailed its 24/7 access to its lobby, so we can only get our mail during their reduced hours, which includes *no* evenings and not at all on Sundays. Still trying to remember that since we used to check routinely in the evenings and weekends.
The pizza delivery sounds amazingly simple.

Don’t have a POB, but one thing that has returned that I noticed today is we don’t have to make an appointment for a bank teller now. (Seemed ridiculous at my branch of WEBSTER since the ladies sit behind bulletproof glass, but, whatever.) Now we can just walk inside the bank like we used to do. (ATM was always between the front door & the bank interior.) I very rarely enter a bank, but I was glad to see something return to normal.

I don’t think I want Sunday Mass to go back to how it was before. I assume others don’t either. We all wear masks & hand-sanitize like crazy, which is all over the church. Only every-other-pew is open. Entire seating area is sanitized after every Mass.

No offering of the gifts, no singing, waving the sign of the peace with no physical contact, communion by hand only, etc., etc. and it’s all over in 45 minutes. None of the ceremonies we used to have that could drag on for 30 minutes or more.

I kinda like it this way.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Oh and picking my nose while driving, that's out too!
The only reason I have hand-sani in my car, is so that I can pick n’ drive.

I haven't been to church in awhile but, if I was a regular, I'd want this mess over ASAP. If you ain't swapping bodily discharges with random strangers you're doing it wrong. For real.

Can't really think of anything I do now that I didn't do before and would deem worthwhile in a more 'normal' environment.

If you ain't swapping bodily discharges with random strangers you're doing it wrong. For real.
So that’s why the Catholic Church congregations are slipping!

Posting green list...
I'll have probably stopped doing that well before any return to 'normal'

I don’t think I want Sunday Mass to go back to how it was before. I assume others don’t either. We all wear masks & hand-sanitize like crazy, which is all over the church. Only every-other-pew is open. Entire seating area is sanitized after every Mass.

No offering of the gifts, no singing, waving the sign of the peace with no physical contact, communion by hand only, etc., etc. and it’s all over in 45 minutes. None of the ceremonies we used to have that could drag on for 30 minutes or more.

I kinda like it this way.
Now you're starting to sound like a Reformed Presbyterian. We have every other pew roped off now, most of us wear masks, but we *do* still sing. (We feel God expects singing in his worship. It's kinda a thing.) That would explain why there are so many masks... although with every other pew roped off, you're always more than six feet from anybody. We don't have a huge congregation to begin with, and we are still also doing online Zoom-type services live, so folks who don't feel ready can worship from home. I did that this past weekend because I'd been at a gun range pistol class the previous weekend, where safety instructors were yelling in my ear since we were all wearing ear protection.

We also have hand sanitizer "stations" around the building so you can use those if you didn't bring your own. I feel safe at church when I go. We even had communion in early August, though we don't do it like the Catholics anyway. (Individual little plastic cups, individual little pieces of Scottish shortbread.) I also felt safe taking communion. The protocols seem wise, and the options (mask/no mask, home/in person) mean there is something for everyone right now.

So to be a little more serious: I will probably stop caring about others reactions, which is kinda a good thing. Not having that lower part of the face makes reading people difficult. So it’ll just be easier to become a curmudgeon.

I greatly miss eating out and water fountains. I think the loss of water fountains is going to cripple our supply of potable water even more. I’m not seeing any signs yet that they will bounce back.