Is Quentin Tarantino One Of The 10 Best Directors Of All-Time?

Tools    

Is Quentin Tarantino A Top Ten Director?
24.35%
28 votes
Yes
54.78%
63 votes
No
20.87%
24 votes
Maybe One Day
115 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Do you think Quentin Tarantino is a top ten director of all-time?

I have to put him in there even though he hasn't made a whole lot of movies yet. But he's done enough to prove he's extrordinarily talented and very unique. His movies to me are refreshing. I like how he pays tribute to different genres of films and then puts his own spin and style on it.

He's had some classics in Pulp Fiction, Resevoir Dogs, Inglorious Bastards, Jackie Brown and Kill Bill 1 and 2.

So what say you? Do you put him in the top ten of all-time in directing?

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
It's too early for me to tell. But I can tell you one thing, while I can see how people like Pulp Fiction, I believe it's a tad overrated. Though I don't want to open a can of worms with that.

It's too early for me to tell. But I can tell you one thing, while I can see how people like Pulp Fiction, I believe it's a tad overrated. Though I don't want to open a can of worms with that.
Everyones entitled to their opinion. Personally I think Pulp Fiction is his greatest film. After that it's Reservoir Dogs for me. Then the Kill Bill movies.

I have to sneak him in there in the #10 slot.

And truthfully you have to think that he should have some films that people will love coming in the near future.
Agreed. He's one of the few directors whose movies I always go see at the theaters.

I'm excited about Kill Bill 3.

Semper Fooey
Absolutely not.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Pulp Fiction is a great film. The only way you can consider Tarantino one of the 10 best directors of all time is if you completely ignore the fact that everything made before the 1990s exists.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
I love him and his films. I say yes. While he hasn't made many films, he has made a big impact on film. I'd rank his films as so:

1. Pulp Fiction
2. Reservoir Dogs
3. Kill Bill Vol. 1
4. Inglourious Basterds
5. Kill Bill Vol. 2
6. Jackie Brown
7. My Best Friend's Birthday (a fine little film, even only if it's confined to 36 minutes)

I love all his films and his screenplays and stories. Quentin Tarantino is definitely one of the ten best directors of all time.

I'd Say NO, while his films are great, there are more talented directors out there. (Past & Present)

I'll name Ten now.
Welles, Spielberg, Nolan, Hitchcock, Fleming, Coens, Fincher (Despite me thinking he's overrated), Boyle, Scorsesse & Kubrick. That's few to name.

I Like Tarentino but Top 10 Directors i think is overrated personally.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Abso-freakin'-lutely. He does not make movies for "fans", he makes them for himself, because he is such a knowledgeable and passionate film fan.

A system of cells interlinked
Definitely not, and never will be. That said, I like his stuff a hell of a lot. And Gunny (Semper Fi!), do you like specifically his direction (technically) or more so the overall package he delivers?

Abso-freakin'-lutely. He does not make movies for "fans", he makes them for himself, because he is such a knowledgeable and passionate film fan.
Ah, so he makes them for fans then, right?

Is white trash beautiful
Tarantino and top ten i think not, he has wonderful films and he dose a great job and Pulp ficton is a personal favorite but hes just not up there with directors like William Wyler, Alfred Hitchcock,Woody Allen, Stanley Kubrick and the list goes on

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
gunny discovered the make a poll feature i see.

to answer, at present- no.

on future, doubtful, but possible.

No, nowhere close.

And judging by the decline in quality in his films after his great start with Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown, he has no chance of ever getting close. His films recently have been tired, quite often slipping into a boring kind of self-parody, and he seems to have run out of tricks.

First of all

1) Who cares if he is or isn't in the top 10 of all time? As long as he matters to you

2) I find it hard to consider post-modernists the best of anything

3) -->

And judging by the decline in quality in his films after his great start with Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown, he has no chance of ever getting close. His films recently have been tired, quite often slipping into a boring kind of self-parody, and he seems to have run out of tricks.
This is stupid, no offense.

/opinions BALAHAAHAKFHABLAHAAHA

how is someone's opinion stupid ?

For the record i get what stevo3001 is saying. Tarentino pays homage to classic genres in all of his films and hasn't done something that isn't his own stamp. Its just "I'm Paying Homage to this" or "I'm Paying Homage to that". Its obvious in his work. But apart from Inglorious, all of his stuff has been great fun to watch in my eyes.

A system of cells interlinked
First of all

1) Who cares if he is or isn't in the top 10 of all time? As long as he matters to you

2) I find it hard to consider post-modernists the best of anything
1) I dunno, maybe the people in the thread interested in the subject?

2) That is because your opinions are pretentious and smarmy. No Offense!

Does that seem passive aggressive?

So does this:

This is stupid, no offense.
So yeah, thanks for the input and stuff.