Dragon Ball Movie - 2008

Tools    

A live action Dragon Ball movie is coming out this year - it's going to be another blend of real actors and incredible amounts of CGI.

It's also going to be made by the 3D studio behind 300 - so this looks to be another visually amazing film. I'm a big fan of Dragon Ball's characters and story elements - though I haven't seen tons of the show.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Who will Jet Li play?

Will it follow the Dragon Ball arc/s or Dragonball Z?

Ive read a bit about it on the internet, but im not really thrilled because they're about to mess up the entire story.
Dont get me wrong, im a huge fan, but what's wrong with the original dragonball story?

And do check my "art": Deviant

Was I the only one who was a fan of GT? I hope for a movie of that

Ive read a bit about it on the internet, but im not really thrilled because they're about to mess up the entire story.
Dont get me wrong, im a huge fan, but what's wrong with the original dragonball story?
I can only imagine that they are going to compress an overly long series into about 2 hours.

yeah your right and I think that could be lessen the whole story of it.,

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
The poster for this movie makes the movie look like crap.

Suspect's Reviews

Yes Meatwad, there has been posters, promo pics, and etc on Dragonball for awhile now. Here's the latest for you DB fans......

Based on the popular Japanese manga created by Akira Toriyama, whose work spawned best selling graphic novels, video games and a phenomenally successful television series, Dragonball centers on the heroic Goku, a powerful warrior who protects the Earth from an endless stream of rogues bent on dominating the Universe and controlling the mystical objects from which the film takes its name.

Dragonball stars Justin Chatwin as Goku, James Marsters as Piccolo, Emmy Rossum as Bulma, Chow Yun-Fat as Master Roshi, Jamie Chung as Chi Chi, and Park Joon as Yamcha. The movie arrives in theaters on April 3rd, 2009.

You can visit the official Dragonball website at dbthemovie.com.

It looks like Goku has been visiting too many Abercrombie and Fitch stores...

dbthemovie.com isn't the official site, but it's a great source. dragonballthe movie is the offical site, but fox hasn't done anything with it.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im not a big fan of Dragon Ball Z but this is shaping up to be a good film.

I hope this movie spawns a franchise so that I can see the parts of the Dragonball/Z/GT series I prefer.

And yes, Samuel L. Jackson should play Vegeta.

Its set for April 2009 now...

Registered Creature
I'm going to see it for a laugh.

James Wong = the next Uwe Boll. I'm serious. That's how low my expectations for live-action Dragonball are. :/

I've read all the manga comics and watched all the cartoons. I hope they'll do better this time than the awful original Dragonball film. Possibly they plan a number of sequels?