Mean Girls 2

Tools    

So, Mean Girls may not be an "influential movie of the year" type, but I enjoyed it immensely for being a chick-flick. Although exaggerated at some points, the representations of the hidden agenda and backstabbing qualities of teenage girls hit home. It brings forth much realistic comedy, and shows the influential tactics popularity can have over us all. Overall, this was a film that I couldn't find one person to dislike. It wasn't the greatest film of all time, but was great in its own way, and I will always love it.

Now, however, they are making a sequel, going straight to ABC Family. The main star is Meaghan Martin, who starred in Camp Rock appearing on the Disney Channel in 2008. She played the rich, popular, and quite frankly, bitchy girl at camp that lived to make others miserable, even though she was pretty much talentless compared to the other female stars. In this comeback role, she will attempt to make a popular sequel to, in my opinion, a movie that cannot be topped in the girl world.

Anybody excited for it??

What do you mean?

I didn't say it was the greatest film, or even one of the greats. It is a comedy, and being a 20 year old girl, I enjoyed it when it came out a couple years ago...

I dug Mean Girls. Very funny; Tina Fey's influence was evident, and I dig her style of humor outside of SNL (where I found it so-so). I'd be on board for a follow-up.

I agree... Tina Fey's influence and love for Lindsay Lohan's past acting career made this movie. However, Fey wasn't on board at all for this sequel, so I hope they keep up with her humor. Unfortunately, the trailer makes it seem like another opening Disney Channel movie.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Is this a new planet news troll account?
You know, I thought the same thing. Not at all anticipated for this. However, I did enjoy Mean Girls. ABC Family likes to keep things alive that really shouldn't be kept alive (Prince and Me, Bring it On, etc.)
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Yeah, I liked the first Mean Girls, but I'm not interested in a direct-to-TV sequel without any of the original stars. In fact, direct-to-TV is a big warning sign to begin with. Makes me think of that awful direct-to-TV Problem Child 3 I remember watching a long time ago -- no John Ritter, a different kid, and all the jokes were terribly unfunny.

I agree... No Tina Fey, No original stars, and straight to television.... all of which are bad signs. This film will flop....