Don't understand 1BR (2019)

→ in
Tools    

I didn't understand this movie and didn't know what was going on in that apartment complex among those people.

I didn't understand this movie and didn't know what was going on in that apartment complex among those people.
From IMDB's movie page for 1 BR (2019):
Sarah tries to start anew in LA, but her neighbors are not what they seem.
and...
We all have apartment horror stories: annoying roommates, ******* landlords, dilapidated buildings, among many more nightmare scenarios. The search for a nice place to live in a desirable location with reasonable rents, decent neighbors and soundproof walls is more of a challenge than it should be, so when Sarah lucks into a sweet one-bedroom at Asilo Del Mar Apartments, she think she's hit the jackpot. Situated on a quiet street in Los Angeles, it's got plenty of space, friendly tenants, group BBQs and even a cute neighbor next door. But this being L.A., all is not what it seems: loud noises start keeping her awake at night; her cat is missing; everyone seems to be a little too helpful and friendly, except for the weirdo, Lester. Soon, Sarah learns she didn't choose this apartment - it chose her.
I haven't seen the movie, but it sounds like we experience confusion from Sarah's point of view. Thus she's confused about what's going on, and so the viewer can also be confused and unsure of what's happening.