Film(s) that have a reveal in the last 1 second

Tools    

The prime example I thought of was Mario Bava's Rabid Dogs.
Or Bava in Black Sabbath... or Bava in Bay of Blood... Heck, most of good Bava I can make heads or tails of is one giant "F— You" to the audience at the end. Total troll and I love it...
Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage

An Indian Marathi language movie Sairat is the perfect example for this.

WARNING: spoilers below

A couple (poor boy - rich girl) run away from the family and marry against their parents wishes.
Overcoming the difficult city life they make it. After the birth of their son, heroine contacts her mother, and reveals their place.
Her brother alongwith his politician father's men comes to visit with gifts. We are led to believe that the couple have been accepted by the rich girl's family.
Her toddler son, who is playing at the neighbour's house enters the home, which is now quiet. He enters the kitchen and leaves crying. We see his feet are leaving behind red footmarks. Camera pans to the kitchen and we see murdered bodies of the couple.
Screen turns black.

Good one!

I've seen Aniara and although that's a good ending it's not really what I'm thinking of. The shot lasts quite a while IIRC.

Which horror films?
You mean literally one second?

Well, for example I believe that at the end of Fright Night
we hear the voice of the supposedly dead best friend

And I want to say that the movie Splinter has one of those
the last shot is the monster is still alive
shots.

I would also throw in Phantasm where
after an it-was-all-a-dream reveal, in the final shot the main character is pulled through the mirror by the Tall Man

I would also throw in Phantasm where
after an it-was-all-a-dream reveal, in the final shot the main character is pulled through the mirror by the Tall Man
Boyyy, that's a great scene. One of the best endings to a horror movie if you ask me. Hopefully, this one meets the OP's criteria.

A system of cells interlinked
Oooh ohhh! Sleepaway Camp!

An Indian Marathi language movie Sairat is the perfect example for this.

A couple (poor boy - rich girl) run away from the family and marry against their parents wishes.
Overcoming the difficult city life they make it. After the birth of their son, heroine contacts her mother, and reveals their place.
Her brother alongwith his politician father's men comes to visit with gifts. We are led to believe that the couple have been accepted by the rich girl's family.
Her toddler son, who is playing at the neighbour's house enters the home, which is now quiet. He enters the kitchen and leaves crying. We see his feet are leaving behind red footmarks. Camera pans to the kitchen and we see murdered bodies of the couple.
Screen turns black.
That's not how it ends unfortunately. The last shot is of the toddler, and lasts about 45 seconds.

That's not how it ends unfortunately. The last shot is of the toddler, and lasts about 45 seconds.
Ah yes, been a while since I watched it. The toddler scene is after the reveal and not before. Sorry.

On that note, adding Hindi movie 'Andhadhun'

This definitely applies to your requirement. Quick last second reveal (twist) and black screen.

Rabid Dog's final shot lasts for ages because it is the back card to the end credits.

I'm looking for something so fleeting that the audience almost asks themselves "wait did you just see what I saw ?" sort of reaction.

Phantasm is the nearest yet, but even that lasts about 5 or 6 seconds.
Do you have an example of what you want?

I don't think that many films end with a fleeting glimpse of something and then a cut to black. You would really be running the risk that a huge chunk of the audience would miss it.

The ending of The Sopranos TV series fits that if you interpret the cut to black in a certain way.
That's it!!!! That's a perfect example thank you. Now we just need a film example - if there are any.

That's it!!!! That's a perfect example thank you. Now we just need a film example - if there are any.

Gallipoli ending - fade to black

There’s a pretty awesome, last minute twist / reveal / cut to black at the end of the 2010 Spanish flick Kidnapped.