Ki Duk-kim passed away

Tools    

And the international version is the one I ended up seeing.
I wondered why I didn't remember the part you were talking about, because that kind of stuff tends to stick with me.

Again, gross. Sorry you had to see that.

I've only seen the American cut of Spring, Summer, but at one point there was a compilation on YouTube that showed scenes of animal cruelty in his films. The video has since been deleted but it was horrific and disgusting.

I've only seen the American cut of Spring, Summer, but at one point there was a compilation on YouTube that showed scenes of animal cruelty in his films. The video has since been deleted but it was horrific and disgusting.
I’ve never even heard of this guy. So glad I’ve never been witness to the film horror he has perpetrated. Sorry, but what a legacy.

I’ve never even heard of this guy. So glad I’ve never been witness to the film horror he has perpetrated. Sorry, but what a legacy.
I've only seen Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring of his films and then it was because I had to watch it for a Hall of Fame. I absolutely despised it and ranked it dead last. Even putting the animal torture aside, the film was far too heavy handed for my tastes.

I've only seen Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring of his films and then it was because I had to watch it for a Hall of Fame. I absolutely despised it and ranked it dead last. Even putting the animal torture aside, the film was far too heavy handed for my tastes.
I think it's a shame that I find him so off-putting at this point. With no exaggeration, 3-Iron (which, for the record, has zero animal content) was my favorite film for a while. Looking at the IMDb, I actually scored it a 10.

When I saw Spring, Summer . . . in the theater (not realizing the animal stuff was real), I liked it as well.

But as I've read more about his other films, it sounds like 3-Iron (with its gentle romance and borderline magical-realism) was more the exception than the rule.