I've been forced here against my will

Tools    

Hi, my name is Daniel and I'm a German student who tries to watch at least one film a day. Why? No need to explain. (Hint: Film is wondrous.)

I stumbled upon this website after being on the run for a new film forum, or MOVIEFORUM like you guys call it. If some of you didn't already know: IMDb are being jerks and shutting down their forum, so I assume there will be some people coming over here.

With that out of the way, here are some...

things I like:
- Coffee
- Football (if you call it soccer, I will not watch your favorite film with you)
- Kittens (they have to be really small and preferably make some cute noises)
- Girls without standards and morals
- The noises small kids make when they're happy

things I dislike:
- Not having any coffee available
- Materialism
- The font Times New Roman
- Girls with standards and morals
- The noises small kids make when they're not happy

films I like:
- Anything. I know you want to know what my favorite film is, but I don't have any. Watched too many films to be able to answer that question.
- Like pretty much everyone else in Germany (and the world?), I have a special love for two fictional universes: Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings.

That's it for now! As we say in German: Bis später!

Yup, lots of IMDB alumni have found their way here already. We're pleased to have you all. If you have any questions or problems or anything like that, feel free to contact me, or one of the mods. Or heck, almost any regular. You'll find the people here are very eager to help.

Welcome to Movie Forums.

Welcome, hope you find it enjoyable here.

Hi, my name is Daniel and I'm a German student who tries to watch at least one film a day. Why? No need to explain. (Hint: Film is wondrous.)

I stumbled upon this website after being on the run for a new film forum, or MOVIEFORUM like you guys call it. If some of you didn't already know: IMDb are being jerks and shutting down their forum, so I assume there will be some people coming over here.

things I like:
- Coffee
- Football (if you call it soccer, I will not watch your favorite film with you)

things I dislike:
- Materialism

films I like:
- Anything. I know you want to know what my favorite film is, but I don't have any. Watched too many films to be able to answer that question.
- Like pretty much everyone else in Germany (and the world?), I have a special love for two fictional universes: Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings.

Can I ask who you were on IMDB? I don't recall the name....

You can't win an argument just by being right!
That is the best intro post I have ever seen. I'm a newb and an imdb refugee ass well. Might have crossed paths with you over there.

as, not ass. Freudian slip perhaps...

MC for the Great Underground Circus

things I like:
- Coffee

things I dislike:
- Materialism

films I like:

Hey there Daniel.

Hello, Daniel. That's a pretty name. I love Deathly a lot more, though.

There's a lot of German in my family. Mainly because of Grandfather Koontz. My son speaks German, but I never actually got into it. It seems so hard to learn, but they swear English is the toughest language to learn. I suppose. Our phonics are complicated. I'm not even sure I said that right.

Football (if you call it soccer, I will not watch your favorite film with you)
Funny enough, we (My family) were just having the football/soccer debate the other day. One guy asked why we don't just call it handball, because we throw it. I was like, "Um, we kick it too, thank you very much."

films I like:
Switching the topic to movies . . . My favorite movies are horror, but mostly the classics. I love almost everything from Hitchcock, Carpenter, and King. Do you like any of their movies? Comedies are great, too, because we all need to laugh more. So, what's your favorite genre, if I may ask? We have a top ten in our profile that maybe you can fill out, as well as several top 100 genre lists you may like to look into.

Either way, there is plenty here to keep you very busy, and I hope we get to know a lot more about you and your love for movies.

Welcome to MoFo, and yes, see you later!

@TheRodent: Thank you so much! Awesome avatar.
@Yoda: Great, thanks! This forum looks 100x better than IMDb's.
@Chypmunk: Danke sehr!
@honeykid: Eintracht Frankfurt of course! You? (Let me guess first: Bayern or Dortmund.)
@TJLamb0518: Almost same name. I wasn't that active over there, but I will try to be here!
@Dani8: Haha, thank you for that! That isn't unlikely, what was your name?
@Little Devil: Hey to you too, Little Devil! Love the avatar.
@Ðèstîñy: Thanks. People tell me all the time that German is so difficult to learn. Obviously, I wouldn't know, but I'll tell you: French HAS to be worse, no? Studied it for three years, and I barely know how to write a sentence with proper grammar. For me, English was super-easy to learn. Much easier than French. Calling football handball? Disgrace! No, really, that's essentially naming a sport after something that has 5 % to do with it.

I love Hitchcock! Vertigo and Rear Window are two of my absolute favorites. The films I like most in general are probably well-told fantasy films. Of the more recent works, and I know it's extremely mainstream (but it is for a reason), I have a very special love in particular for Harry Potter, both the books and films. Top ten favorites? Oh no, I need at least 100! No, I'll try to sort that out. Will definitely have a look at those genre lists!

Woah, this is brilliant everyone. You guys are superb at welcoming!

MC for the Great Underground Circus
@honeykid: Eintracht Frankfurt of course! You? (Let me guess first: Bayern or Dortmund.)
@TJLamb0518: Almost same name. I wasn't that frequent of a poster over there, but I'm going to try to be that here!

ahah thanks. I arrived here yesterday as well.

Yes it's a really welcoming board.

don't want to say who I am there incase I ever had a punch up with you. Starting afresh on this cruisy board. But if your name is similar it doesnt seem familiar.

Anyway, have fun. Very nice place here. Not once has anyone called me a guy or a crying f@g like I've been called on imdb. Where I live f@gs are cigarettes so I usually say that if I'm a f@g I wouldnt have tear ducts, and how could I type with no hands. There usually isnt a comeback to that.

@TJLamb0518: Almost same name. I wasn't that frequent of a poster over there, but I'm going to try to be that here!

I feel so left out . . .

Not really. I figure we posted at the same time, but I still don't want you to miss my welcome. Especially since I asked you a bunch of questions.

I'm English and a Man United fan. However, for German football I used to like 1860 Munich and would often play as them in management games in the early 00's. But it's pretty much impossible to see their games here, so I don't really have a team. But I've liked Hoffenheim for the last few seasons because their games often have quite a few goals.

Nawww I luvs ya, Destiny. Hugs!

I feel so left out . . .

Not really. I figure we posted at the same time, but I still don't want you to miss my welcome. Especially since I asked you a bunch of questions.
If you'd like, I can ask you a question I've been dying to ask a real German for quite some time now......

things I dislike:
OMG! I thought I was the only one! Everybody always raves on and on about Comic Sans but nobody seems to be bothered that every official piece of writing always has to be in Times New Roman as if it's the only right font!

On a more serious note: Welcome to the forums and praise Calibri!

OMG! I thought I was the only one! Everybody always raves on and on about Comic Sans but nobody seems to be bothered that every official piece of writing always has to be in Times New Roman as if it's the only right font!

On a more serious note: Welcome to the forums and praise Calibri!
Candara is a nice, clean font as well.