True Detective 2: Electric BoogaTrue

Tools    

The last episode was awful, I lost all respect for this season. This is the sort of thing that you get with a bad director.

Bad guy Automatic guns have infinite ammo. Good guy pistols need to keep reloading.
Are you ****ing kidding me? What a bunch of garbage, I would be ashamed and embarrassed to be a part of this season.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
So far IMO, not very worthy of HBO. I find myself debating whether to watch Alaskan Bush People or this.

It's growing on me. I watched ep 2 a second time cos the first time I wasn't paying enough attention. I've watched up to halfway through ep 4 so will finish that tonight.
I'm really liking Colin Farrell, but Taylor Kitsch is playing a great part as the damaged Paul. It's a very good portrait of self loathing. That shot of him in the taxi with two tears running down his face was quite moving.

I just finished episode 4, and I thought it was the best of the season so far. I was thinking that even before the big finish, which I thought was awesome. I also think the 4 main actors have it their stride and are doing a very fine job.

Do we know for a fact they weren't reloading only because they didn't show us? They don't have to show us every detail.
I didn't do a shot by shot breakdown. The truly absurd thing is that they kept showing the handguns reload.

About done with latest episode, and I have to confidently say Collin Farrel can act. That must be something the series does for an underated actor as McConaughey impressed as well. Matt had much better lines too.

They could have cast someone ALOT better to play Frank than Vince Vaughn, but hes still got enough charisma to keep me interested. Disappointed in Rachel McAdams, and Taylor Kische. I really am reminded of Keanu Reeves when I watch Kische act now. Thats not good.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
The latest episode was probably the best since the opener. Not entirely good, but a step in the right direction.

I do like the fact that they're trying to constantly develop the characters, but it's still heavy handed and not very well written. I actually like Taylor Kitsch as Woodrugh, he's developing into quite an interesting character. Can't say the same for Vince Vaughn and Rachel McAdams though.

Welcome to the human race...
Wow, did everyone give up on this show or what?

The ending of episode six was a good escalation of things and episode seven managed to maintain that same heightened tension reasonably well - especially that ending, which is quite the stunner even for a season that's been pretty dependent on having stunning endings to improve whole episodes (though it also seems a bit too contrived in its own way).

Be interesting to see what this means for the finale.

Episode six was by far the best in the season for me. I really enjoyed it, and even felt happy for the characters at the end. I actually care for Ray, if they made the season just about him being drawn into a dark world on false information about his wife's rapist, it could have been an interesting personal story.

WARNING: "Episode 7" spoilers below
Glad Taylor Kitsch's character died. Had no idea what his character's name was until I checked online yesterday.

Although I had no idea who they other characters (black guy and guy at end) were until I checked afterwards. Convoluted mess, I know noirs are meant to have twists and turns, but I really think they could have shown the viewers more respect in making things clearer. Some things felt really ambiguous and it's often hard to understand what a dialogue or scene is implying.

I read this:

http://uk.businessinsider.com/true-d...15-8?r=US&IR=T

And it pretty much explains everything up nicely The most simple explanation seems to be that it's the Laura kill who killed Frank and the original police officers involved in the diamonds being stolen have been trying to cover it up all along?

I'm enjoying it also. True, not as good as the first season, it's still a cut above most regular TV shows (talking about the Big Three networks or the Big Four if you count Fox) airing now. Cable is different because you can take bigger chances without as much or any censorship. Add to that the fact that I don't watch a lot of shows on cable networks such as USA, TNT, etc. So, mainly watching HBO, Cinemax, and the Big Three, True Detective is naturally going to make it for me as a good, if not great show.

P.S. Thanks for the link, Daniel M. Even though I love the show, I was confused about how all the threads linked up. The link really helped make things clear.

Spoilers below.

Finale had some good parts, but I hate watching morons on TV.
Colin is wanted for two murders and he doesn't think that the police will have his son staked out? Seriously, this guy is a cop, he is a detective and he is this ******* stupid?

Vince gets stabbed one time, and instead of tying his shirt over the wound to stop the bleeding he just walks until he bleeds out. How is he this ******* stupid.

So glad this season is over. Good riddance.

Loved that last episode. Sure the series plot was obscure in parts, but the characters were interesting. Foster you've just got a downer on it cos of the guns thing well (happily) I know bugger all about guns so that didn't bother me but surely
WARNING: "spoilers" spoilers below
anyone getting a knife stabbed and twisted in their side can be forgiven for not having the nouse to apply pressure and just get up and walk...besides he died way back before he had all those conversations. As for Colin going back to see his son, well wait till you're a dad and then come and tell me you wouldn't risk everything to see your child for the last time

Well christine I don't think I would ever commit suicide by cop just to wave at my kid for a couple seconds, but thats just me I prefer characters that make intelligent decisions

At times frustrating but I liked it. This was never about plot in the first place, so I won't complain about that. Fourth episode is easily best in the series for me, third undoubtedly the worst

Seriously flawed but worth watching in general.